Chiefs Hosting Xavier Williams

I feel like this move is a status quo move for the DL for 2018. This isn't going to make the DL better than the 2017 season. It will just be a hole filled by not resigning Logan. That said, he has room to grow and improve where as Bennie Logan probably wasn't getting any better. Neither thrilled nor not thrilled. It's one less base defense starter to worry about.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You said earlier he got 249 snaps last season.  He played 11 games.  That's like 22 snaps a game.  It'd be a lot for him to come from that to instant starter. 

Hopefully he gets his work and reps in mini camp, OTAs and TC and can become a legit starter.

I would still like a NT and DE to be drafted so we can cut a couple of the back end guys on DL(or even Bailey for cap space).

Logan was at 38 snaps a game compared to 22 for Williams. And Williams is really more diverse than Logan who only can play vs the run. So either he was just underused by that staff or else this is indeed purely a rotational guy.  No doubt the focus of our next two drafts should be on the front 7 (specifically the dline and OLB).

Information i found on twitter. No idea wherw the qb pressures stats came from so take that fwiw.

Xavier Williams: 8 qb pressures in 122 pass rushing snaps, 26 years old, ranked 42 among interior DL on PFF in 2017. PFF stats give 7 qb hurries, 16 tackles and 16 stops in 249 total snaps.

Bennie Logan: 8 qb pressures in 282 pass rushing snaps, 28 years old, ranked 94th among interior DL on PFF in 2017. PFF stats give 6 qb hurries, 33 tackles and 30 stops in 617 total snaps.

Logan was at 38 snaps a game compared to 22 for Williams. And Williams is really more diverse than Logan who only can play vs the run. So either he was just underused by that staff or else this is indeed purely a rotational guy. No doubt the focus of our next two drafts should be on the front 7 (specifically the dline and OLB).

*Cough* and the defensive backs *uncough*

*Cough* and the defensive backs *uncough*

Good thing those groups are deep this draft. We are gonna have to hope for at least 3 of those 5 guys we draft in rounds 2-4 to be immediate contributors. Maybe not starters, but have plenty of snaps. Unless Veach pulls one out of his hat and signs Eric Reid or Tre Boston.

Good thing those groups are deep this draft. We are gonna have to hope for at least 3 of those 5 guys we draft in rounds 2-4 to be immediate contributors. Maybe not starters, but have plenty of snaps. Unless Veach pulls one out of his hat and signs Eric Reid or Tre Boston.

Not that big on boston. And would rather just draft Reid's little brother.

Information i found on twitter. No idea wherw the qb pressures stats came from so take that fwiw.

Xavier Williams: 8 qb pressures in 122 pass rushing snaps, 26 years old, ranked 42 among interior DL on PFF in 2017. PFF stats give 7 qb hurries, 16 tackles and 16 stops in 249 total snaps.

Bennie Logan: 8 qb pressures in 282 pass rushing snaps, 28 years old, ranked 94th among interior DL on PFF in 2017. PFF stats give 6 qb hurries, 33 tackles and 30 stops in 617 total snaps.

Nice stats. Upgrade for less money? I am in.

Yeah Justin Reid can ball. I wonder if he will be there when we draft in round 2. Whaddya think about Jesse Bates?

Really like jesse bates. His skills are very complimentary to EB. He might be there in the 3rd as well. Versatile guy.

Archived