Would it be crazy to still build on the offense this offseason?

I still think we're missing a genuine slot receiver tbh and I believe the Chiefs will be bringing one In. It's no secret they've been working out WR prospects even after we signed Watkins. 

We haven't had a legit slot WR in many, many years. I think that backup tight end spot will be the focal point of any more offensive upgrades though. 

We haven't had a legit slot WR in many, many years. I think that backup tight end spot will be the focal point of any more offensive upgrades though. 

Wasn't Wilson the slot for the last few years? Though granted he wasn't exactly great. Just think IF we can add a decent slot guy to the mix, it would balance out our WR group brilliantly. And I agree another TE is vital too and I see us drafting one with one of the first four picks tbh.

Wasn't Wilson the slot for the last few years? Though granted he wasn't exactly great. Just think IF we can add a decent slot guy to the mix, it would balance out our WR group brilliantly. And I agree another TE is vital too and I see us drafting one with one of the first four picks tbh.

Even though Wilson looked to be best suited for the slot he was basically all over the place. He played on the outside and even as the possession receiver when Maclin went down in 2016. With DAT resigning we have Watkins - Hill - Conley - DAT - Robinson/Chesun on the roster so we could add another WR to the mix as a slot guy but I think that will be taken care of within the roster.

Another TE might be the higher priority as Kelce is the only worthwhile guy we have in the position. With a decent guy added to the mix we could see improvement from day one.

Even though Wilson looked to be best suited for the slot he was basically all over the place. He played on the outside and even as the possession receiver when Maclin went down in 2016. With DAT resigning we have Watkins - Hill - Conley - DAT - Robinson/Chesun on the roster so we could add another WR to the mix as a slot guy but I think that will be taken care of within the roster.

Another TE might be the higher priority as Kelce is the only worthwhile guy we have in the position. With a decent guy added to the mix we could see improvement from day one.

Chiefs still working out WR's even after the Watkins signing. So I still think we'll see another one brought in as well as a TE.

The question is do we have to spend all the marbles on defense? That's what I'm asking. We've got eight picks In this draft, Why not spend three of them on the offense to really sure that side up, and then spend the rest on defense? Because as much as we need players on the defense, I'd argue we desperately need a 2nd TE too. Next season's defense should be vastly improved even If we only add three players to it simply because of the return of Berry and Ford. 

While the offense may be entertaining, it's so frustrating to watch the defense unable to get off the field in critical situations and blow winnable games like the first OAK game or the playoff game last season.  BPA is fine as long as it's at a position of need.  The Chiefs need a DT, Edge, CB, and S more than any position on offense.  Sure, an OG and second TE could help the offense, but it won't do any good if the defense isn't shored up.  And after the third round or so, it's hard to get a lot of instant help in the draft.  We can't count on every draft pick becoming a starter.  Focusing on defense this year is the best way to go with the provision of grabbing an offense player if the value is too high to pass up.

While the offense may be entertaining, it's so frustrating to watch the defense unable to get off the field in critical situations and blow winnable games like the first OAK game or the playoff game last season. BPA is fine as long as it's at a position of need. The Chiefs need a DT, Edge, CB, and S more than any position on offense. Sure, an OG and second TE could help the offense, but it won't do any good if the defense isn't shored up. And after the third round or so, it's hard to get a lot of instant help in the draft. We can't count on every draft pick becoming a starter. Focusing on defense this year is the best way to go with the provision of grabbing an offense player if the value is too high to pass up.

Ugh. The best recipe for a crappy draft is to not follow your board and draft out of desperation. Just take the BPAaaPoN.

Ugh. The best recipe for a crappy draft is to not follow your board and draft out of desperation. Just take the BPAaaPoN.

Yes, yes and yes. Take what is there. This could be a DV era offense and a Dv era defense. We are not selling out on this year. We are building. If we have to suffer through a 8-8 season, poor us. We get a decent pick and a bad ass stable of skill players to build on next year.

I think we go 10-6 low end and possibly get some post season experience for this young group. It will be fun regardless.

Archived