Question about Sammy Watkins

Not every starter has missed significant playing time with a broken foot or had screws put in said foot. You're not even a 1?

Alex Smith never played full seasons either with injuries other than once or twice before coming here. He seemed to stay healthy for us. Watkins first full healthy year after surgery was last year. With that, another year removed he should be just fine. Anyone can get hurt though but I doubt it will be because of his foot he would miss any time.

On a scale of 1 to 10...how concerned are you about Watkins and his history of injury?

After reading a lot about him, his character and a breakdown of his route running and ability to get open; the foot injury is really my only big concern about this signing. I’d say it’s about a 5 on your scale.

I'll say a three. I'm level 6 concerned about the possibility of Mahomes getting hurt and I'm level 7 concerned about whether Berry returns full speed. Ford I'm concerned at a level 8 because I'm pretty sure he's toast. Everyone else I'm a 2 except for Andy Reid. I'm level 4 concerned about his cardiovascular health.

Berry has missed 41 games in 8 years

Houston has missed 22 games in 7 years

My point, anyone over 3 to 4 years on the team has missed games. Some more significantly more than others.

Certain injuries are more problematic than others. Berry and Houston have both had two major issues but neither was the same. So it's not crazy to think both could remain healthy long term. It's the back and foot injuries to me that can create long term issues. Nothing we've seen from Watkins after he left Buffalo would indicate it's a problem now though. But I wouldn't invest any long term resources in Dee Ford even if he does come back and have another 10 sack season.

Berry has missed 41 games in 8 years

Houston has missed 22 games in 7 years

My point, anyone over 3 to 4 years on the team has missed games. Some more significantly more than others.

Let's give the man a break, he didn't get cancer on the football field.

Archived