Benjamin Watson close to signing

Still have Jace Amaro on the roster who is only 25 and a former 2nd round pick. Maybe they will roll with him as the 3rd TE and see if he can develop?

I liked the Amaro pickup but the fact we are still looking hard at the top TE prospects would seem to indicate they aren't so sure about him. But hey, maybe he can make the team as the third guy. Andy loves his three tight end sets and we've needed a better inline blocker at the position since he got here. 

I think this will provide a great boost to the youth movement. Right now we have one of the youngest offenses in the NFL. Kelce is the the oldest non-fat player we have which is saying something about the lack of leadership. Watson will probably help all youngsters in that area and looking at the stats he has some left in the tank.

There's no cap urgency unless we make a new signing so I'm guessing they'll pick up someone in mid or late rounds of this draft to compete. Harris looks like he'll be here until the camp and hopefully someone beats him out of the rotation, otherwise I think he could stay as #3 but we cannot have another year of him as #2 option.

Archived