Chiefs Visiting With Kendall Wright

Report: Chiefs visiting with Kendall Wright
Posted by Josh Alper on March 22, 2018, 8:17 AM EDT

The Chiefs made a major change to their receiving corps last week when they signed former Bills and Rams wideout Sammy Watkins to kick off free agency.

They may have their eye on another move at the position this week. Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that Kendall Wright will visit with the Chiefs on Thursday.

Wright moved to the Bears last season after five years with the Titans and caught 59 passes for 614 yards to lead the team in both categories. The Bears responded to that by signing a pair of wide receivers in free agency and there hasn’t been any sign that they’re interested in bringing Wright back for another year.

Wright would give the Chiefs, who lost Albert Wilson to the Dolphins as a free agent around the same time they were locking up Watkins, some depth behind Tyreek Hill and the new addition to their passing attack.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SLOOOTTTTTTTTT LET'S GET IT MR WRIGHT!!! :D . only 28, has experience, has a 1000 yard season under his belt and averages around four TD's a season and around 600ish yards. He'll do nicely next to Sammy and Cheetah. Last season the QB play In Chicago was less than impressive but he was still their best WR so I think it could be a decent deal. 

Meanwhile, the Chiefs defense is a shell of its former self. I wouldn’t mind Wright at all, but we need help badly on the D line and the secondary. I guess the entire draft we’ll go D.

I agree...I think they are hoping that Fuller and Amerson can step in and fill the holes at corner...Our LB's should be good (im still not sold on Ford) but I think with The ILBs and Houston (if Sutton plays Houston how he should be played) will be ok. That leaves Safety and DL...I sure hope we do something good here...

I live here in Tennessee and Wright was never received (no pun intended) well at the Titans. He never lived up to his potential with the team. Now that could be system/environment but, he never lived up to the hype with them.

Most 1st rd WRs disappoint, especially with their first team. We all want them to be superstars.

Wright has turned into a decent receiver though and a really good slot receiver.

Highest catch rate out of slot in 2017 even though Chicago's offense was a hot turd. Could do for us what golden tate did for Detroit.

Would be a big upgrade over turtle arms and might have to sign another prove it deal.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs defense is a shell of its former self. I wouldn’t mind Wright at all, but we need help badly on the D line and the secondary. I guess the entire draft we’ll go D.

I'm fine with that.  Defense needs an infusion of younger players with upside.

Interesting move. Watkins - Hill - Conley - DAT - Robinson - Chesun are already on the roster so bringing in another WR means letting go of one of these guys. DAT is probably on the roster as a camp body at this point and wouldn't be surprised to see him gone as the rest are bigger WRs with more potential but also Conley might not be coming around as they hoped and he's in a contract year with almost 2 million cap savings if let go.

Build the D through the draft. But frankly the D is in better shape than last year. ILBs are younger and faster. OLBs get a healthy ford back and hopefully a little better kpass. Safeties get EB back healthy. DLine is a wash predraft which is bad. CBs who fuckin knows... too many questions to process until we see it. Post draft we'll have to take a look again.

How does a 28th ranked defense become a shell of its former self? Our defense sucked last year. We got Williams, Amerson, Hitchens and Fuller already. Not gonna solve it all in FA...need to be drafting some young guns

I live here in Tennessee and Wright  was never received (no pun intended) well at the Titans. He never lived up to his potential with the team. Now that could be system/environment but, he never lived up to the hype with them.

92 catches in 2013 as a rookie.  Not sure what happened after that, maybe it had to do with not having a QB or coach? 

How does a 28th ranked defense become a shell of its former self? Our defense sucked last year. We got Williams, Amerson, Hitchens and Fuller already. Not gonna solve it all in FA...need to be drafting some young guns

I’m not just talking about last year that’s how!

What do you mean?

Right now or D line is no different, Jones, Bailey, Jenkins. Williams replaces Logan, no difference.

Linebackers are better. Hitchens replaces old DJ. Ragland more experienced in system. Houston back and Ford healthy. Kpass more experienced. Dadi healthy.

DB- Berry back and healthy already better. Fuller relaxes peters. Anderson better than anything we had at #2. Nelson back. Murray or Mcquay really no different from Parker who was slipping.

The defense is fine and will get an infusion in the draft

What do you mean?

Right now or D line is no different, Jones, Bailey, Jenkins. Williams replaces Logan, no difference.

Linebackers are better. Hitchens replaces old DJ. Ragland more experienced in system. Houston back and Ford healthy. Kpass more experienced. Dadi healthy.

DB- Berry back and healthy already better. Fuller relaxes peters. Anderson better than anything we had at #2. Nelson back. Murray or Mcquay really no different from Parker who was slipping.

The defense is fine and will get an infusion in the draft

Where’s the pass rush coming from? Secondary hasn’t proven anything with these changes. We need defensive help and depth is the bottom line. How is this concept so disagreeable?

Where’s the pass rush coming from? Secondary hasn’t proven anything with these changes. We need defensive help and depth is the bottom line. How is this concept so disagreeable?

Uh yeah that's why they let all the old broken down players go. Our defense hasn't been good for several years. I highly doubt they're worse than last year. I would rather see them build the D through the draft.

Uh yeah that's why they let all the old broken down players go. Our defense hasn't been good for several years. I highly doubt they're worse than last year. I would rather see them build the D through the draft.

I agree, I just thought we’d see a greater emphasis in FA. Oh well; if outscore everyone else that’s okay too.

you said it was a shell. I said it was the same with some upgrades already and the draft to come still.

Pass rush comes from Houston, Ford, Jones. You expect Kpass to take a step up and Dadi to show something.

Don't be so finicky and complain to complain

Archived