Damien Williams Signing with Chiefs

with a torn PCL and LCL in his right knee  and faces a long, grueling rehab. This is more significant than ACL and MCL damage, so Ware could be facing long odds of being ready in time for Week 1 of next season. Turning 26 in November, Ware is under contract for a modest $1.45 million in 2018, the final year of his deal.

they don't have to make any cuts really until the 53 man deadline in pre-season.  They can sign whoever and load up the roster with as many players as they want.

these signings do not dictate who will be cut until then.

Damien Williams has done practically nothing in 4 years so he is just  for roster depth and training camp carries.  He'll probably get cut.

they don't have to make any cuts really until the 53 man deadline in pre-season.  They can sign whoever and load up the roster with as many players as they want.

these signings do not dictate who will be cut until then.

Damien Williams has done practically nothing in 4 years so he is just  for roster depth and training camp carries.  He'll probably get cut.

Disagree. The Pats have pretty much made a living out of bringing in random backs and putting them In roles where they are extremely effective. This guy clearly Isn't Hunt, I get it, but he looks like he's very fast, agile, has good hands and can add something different to the plate. Especially with him being bigger than Ware too.

is a video of him In action last year.

Disagree. The Pats have pretty much made a living out of bringing in random backs and putting them In roles where they are extremely effective. This guy clearly Is Hunt, I get it, but he looks like he's very fast, agile, has good hands and can add something different to the plate. Especially with him being bigger than Ware too.

I bet it's a competition between West and Williams in camp.  But, as I've stated multiple times here that cutting West would save $2m so that could happen and Williams gets the 3rd RB spot.

1 year 1.5 mill according to Rappaport. He was the 3rd down, pass catching type guy in Miami. Given the fact that we can save a half mill, I'd say West probably has the most to worry about.

Almost identical size as Ware with his best skills (pass receiver and special teams) more like West. As Old Timer pointed out there's the real possibility too that Ware still isn't healthy because all things being equal Ware is clearly the better back. 

Disagree. The Pats have pretty much made a living out of bringing in random backs and putting them In roles where they are extremely effective. This guy clearly Isn't Hunt, I get it, but he looks like he's very fast, agile, has good hands and can add something different to the plate. Especially with him being bigger than Ware too.

Hell yeah, that is Andy's kind of back.  Pass-catching, shifty fucker.  I like it.

Good tweet HERE about how better Williams is than West. Also looking at his stats he had a very good 2016, getting three touchdowns rushing and three touchdowns receiving. I also think it's worth noting that Williams will be working with our new RB coach who is highly rated with a reputation of improving his guys, so it's gonna be interesting to see how he does.

Eye test tells me williams is vastly superior to west.

Hopefully ware will be healthy. Hunt, ware, williams would be a VERY strong backfield.

If ware is still hurt i say use the draft ti secure our 3rd rb

They already like Akeem Hunt a lot, not sure if they draft someone.

We will definitely need some completion. None of the 3 blow you away and one may have to fill in for Ware to start the season. I am worried they will trade Ware. I like the new guy more than West or A. Hunt.

I would be surprised with such a trade as Ware is basically the only bruiser type RB on the roster and that includes Kareem Hunt as well. That being said he's probably the only one with any trade value. Williams looks to be more of a West substitute. I'm expecting the #4 guy be either a young RB they are grooming (Hunt or Atkinson, etc) or going with 3 and spending the extra spot on a WR like DAT. If healthy Hunt - Ware - Williams should be enough for us and the PS guys always seem to be ready to come in and back someone up.

Archived