Damien Williams Signing with Chiefs

I would be surprised with such a trade as Ware is basically the only bruiser type RB on the roster and that includes Kareem Hunt as well. That being said he's probably the only one with any trade value. Williams looks to be more of a West substitute. I'm expecting the #4 guy be either a young RB they are grooming (Hunt or Atkinson, etc) or going with 3 and spending the extra spot on a WR like DAT. If healthy Hunt - Ware - Williams should be enough for us and the PS guys always seem to be ready to come in and back someone up.

But do they really need a bruiser? Sherman looked decent as a rusher in the denver game and he's much bigger than any rb. If you need someone to just pound some yards he's your guy. Andy may have seen the light on that.

But do they really need a bruiser? Sherman looked decent as a rusher in the denver game and he's much bigger than any rb. If you need someone to just pound some yards he's your guy. Andy may have seen the light on that.

I always liked the FBs in the running game as they are tougher dudes and tend to work on short yardage situations in practice so have some sure hands. IMO we aren't using Sherman enough but if they decide to give him more of a workload I would be in favor of that, but first we need him out there blocking. I wasn't really comfortable using him so little in 2017. 

I think we need a bruiser (Sherman or Ware or someone else) to keep Hunt fresh. IMO somewhere around 20 touches a game is good enough for a guy to be more than a 4-year rental but in some games he simply had way too much of a workload (30+). 

Archived