Former NFL QB: "Mahomes the best talent from the last two QB classes"

Even after Deshaun Watson's incredible start to his NFL career, and the current hype around the likes of Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen, Former Tampa Bay QB Chris Simms believes Mahomes has the highest ceiling out of all of the QB's In his own class from last year, and the one coming through this year too. He says it In

video and talks about the two QB classes from about the 56th minute onwards (really hypes up Pat on the hour mark) 

Chris Simms LOL the guy played  like 23 games in a miserable 5 year career..spoiled brat son of Phil and the same guy that said Tom Brady was not a top 5 QB 

I may very well agree with him but using him as a reference is laughable at best.. how does he have a job anyway?

Chris Simms LOL the guy played  like 23 games in a miserable 5 year career..spoiled brat son of Phil and the same guy that said Tom Brady was not a top 5 QB 

I may very well agree with him but using him as a reference is laughable at best.. how does he have a job anyway?

Did I say he had a good track record? All I did was post the man's comments, chill out fgs :D 

Chris Simms LOL the guy played like 23 games in a miserable 5 year career..spoiled brat son of Phil and the same guy that said Tom Brady was not a top 5 QB

I feel the same way when Carr rates QBs.

Maker Bayfield probably goes Ryan Leaf. Maybe he is drafted by a team we play early in the year and we can make him go 1/15 for 3 yards and 3 turnovers.

Mayfield has high footballnIQ unlike Leaf. Hes very instinctive at feeling pressure, finding passing lanes and very accurate. Ill be surprised if he doesn’t become a really good QB in the NFL. And I’m no fan.

Mayfield has high footballnIQ unlike Leaf. Hes very instinctive at feeling pressure, finding passing lanes and very accurate. Ill be surprised if he doesn’t become a really good QB in the NFL. And I’m no fan.

Pretty much this. If he was 3 or 4 inches taller he'd be in the discussion for that #1 spot. And I don't like him either.

Pretty much this. If he was 3 or 4 inches taller he'd be in the discussion for that #1 spot. And I don't like him either.

I agree on Mayfield. I think he is the best QB this year. And his teammates love him. He is a natural leader.

Mahomes does actually take from how Manziel played, but he does it with more work ethic and natural arm talent.

No he doesn't. Manziel either threw designed short passes or tossed it up for grabs. Mike Evans made him look like a legitimate qb.

Mahomes actually goes through progressions. If we want a gunslinger comparison for Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers is more appropriate for a guy who makes crazy accurate passes on the run.

Lots of qb's look ok in the nfl until defensive coordinators get enough tape to figure them out. That was manziel.

No he doesn't. Manziel either threw designed short passes or tossed it up for grabs. Mike Evans made him look like a legitimate qb.

Mahomes actually goes through progressions. If we want a gunslinger comparison for Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers is more appropriate for a guy who makes crazy accurate passes on the run.

Lots of qb's look ok in the nfl until defensive coordinators get enough tape to figure them out. That was manziel.

Yes, if Manziel where as good as he looked and consistent, NFL executives would have signed him already and bribed the NFL league offices to not suspend him. To look the other way; Johnny being Johnny.

I think you're taking too much from that statement. His ability to slide around in the pocket and willingness to get lit up to make a huge play is what he gets from Manziel.

I think you're taking too much from that statement. His ability to slide around in the pocket and willingness to get lit up to make a huge play is what he gets from Manziel.

I wouldn't say he gets that from manziel. Rather they are traits they have in common. Doubt he's studying the electric nfl career of johnny manziel, unless it's a case of what not to do.

Archived