Would you be comfortable with Conley playing slot?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you agree with me on this subject Xen? :D

No i think conley is a more talented receiver except for YAC ability. Conley brings something none of the other receivers on the roster do and that's that big possession guy that's also a very good blocker. Plus conley does a lot of the dirty work that lets our other receivers and backs be successful; for instance he's good at picks and rubs without getting caught and drawing fouls. He's also a great sparq guy although it doesn't show on the field as much as robinson. As well he's one of the smarter players on the team and the leader in the WR room.

Conley’s lack of 10 yard separation from the CB meant Alex never wanted to target him. I’d suspect it is the same reason why Alex went an entire year without a TD to a WR that one year too. Wherever he lines up, I look forward to seeing him with a QB who isn’t afraid to thread the needle. But I wonder if Conley’s blocking is more valuable on the outside?

No i think conley is a more talented receiver except for YAC ability. Conley brings something none of the other receivers on the roster do and that's that big possession guy that's also a very good blocker. Plus conley does a lot of the dirty work that lets our other receivers and backs be successful; for instance he's good at picks and rubs without getting caught and drawing fouls. He's also a great sparq guy although it doesn't show on the field as much as robinson. As well he's one of the smarter players on the team and the leader in the WR room.

My one gripe with Conley is that he doesnt get a ton of separation. And as someone else alluded to, Alex Smith doesnt like throwing balls into tight windows. Therefore we didnt get yo see what Conley can really do after the catch much. It will change with Mahomie. Maybe then Conley can use that 4.3 speed.

My one gripe with Conley is that he doesnt get a ton of separation. And as someone else alluded to, Alex Smith doesnt like throwing balls into tight windows. Therefore we didnt get yo see what Conley can really do after the catch much. It will change with Mahomie. Maybe then Conley can use that 4.3 speed.

No one gets much separation in the nfl.

We actually had the best in separations last year for our team total etc. One thing Watkins was brought in for was his soeed and ability to get it too by going long. This will allow Hill not to he doubled over the top, Kelce to get more open etc.

Pick your poison this upcoming year. Smith was great but if he would have not had happy feet at times, kept his eyes down field or just a better touch on some of those long attempts we could have been so much better. This is what I think Mahomes bring to us, just have to wait and see.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/948242056484286464

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

I remember back when Baldwin was in the draft some guys had him on a NFL show. Baldwin talked about how he hated contact and they simply came out saying that's not something a player could say in the NFL. They were talking about how easily he created separation in college but in NFL one yard is all the separation a player will get. Occasionally some guys get to roam free but that's not the norm but rather the exception. In fact bigger guys get more separation simply for having the advantage of high throws. 

Honestly i think this whole discussion is moot. Much like we saw in the denver game, we are going to see a shit ton of spread concepts and you need a ton of good receivers to have a shot of making that work in the nfl. Considering conley or robinson will be facing safeties and linebackers a lot more, or smaller slot corners, they'd both do fine. And as has been said, mahomes doesn't give 2 shits about separation, he's looking for the mismatch and playing off how the defense reacts to being spread out.

The Spread Coast offense is going to be a revolution in the nfl y'all. We need to stop thinking in traditional terms of slot receiver. Many times the slot will be a tight end or rb anyway so we can spread em out and then drop back to a run play or misdirection.

Gonna be a fun year.

Honestly i think this whole discussion is moot. Much like we saw in the denver game, we are going to see a shit ton of spread concepts and you need a ton of good receivers to have a shot of making that work in the nfl. Considering conley or robinson will be facing safeties and linebackers a lot more, or smaller slot corners, they'd both do fine. And as has been said, mahomes doesn't give 2 shits about separation, he's looking for the mismatch and playing off how the defense reacts to being spread out.

The Spread Coast offense is going to be a revolution in the nfl y'all. We need to stop thinking in traditional terms of slot receiver. Many times the slot will be a tight end or rb anyway so we can spread em out and then drop back to a run play or misdirection.

Gonna be a fun year.

You been reading Seth Keysor's latest article Xen? :D

Making friends and influencing people, i see. 8)

You and I both have seen hundreds of posters over the years who have no factual basis for their opinions

and place such a high value on them that they stoop to trying to personally belittle anyone who disagrees

with them.  The smaller the mind, the greater the conceit.

Gonna be a fun year.

Separation isn’t going to matter. Those hands better be ready.

You been reading Seth Keysor's latest article Xen? :D

I love his stuff but I've been on this since we hired Colonel Klink to research the spread. Now i want us to go grab kliff kingsbury when he inevitably gets fired. You want a guy for the heir apparent, there's your dude.

Clearly you havent seen Tyreek Hill play.

Clearly I haven’t.

98% don’t get much. The successful ones use their bodies. Have great body control and hands. Track the ball well and so on. No one is wide open. Except hill.

Clearly I haven’t.

98% don’t get much. The successful ones use their bodies. Have great body control and hands. Track the ball well and so on. No one is wide open. Except hill.

Or, whoever Gaines is covering.

Clearly I haven’t.

Based on the Chiefs games I watched last year, I would have to disagree.

“No one is wide open. Except Hiil.”

I see people wide open every quarter of every game. I just don’t agree with your statement.

Diehard, that was a toungue in cheek comment based on the posted response..

Archived