We may have a major talent on the roster who no-one is talking about!!!

I remember someone mentioning this kid's name on twitter but I never thought much of it. But as I was browsing over the guys we've signed on futures contracts, I decided to take a closer look at him. The player in question is former Bears slot receiver Daniel Braverman. Now, he's 24 years old and was drafted in the seventh round In the 2016 draft. He played three games before being let go, "Big deal", right? And the fact that he couldn't make it at Chicago also doesn't fill anyone with high hopes either. BUT, when one watches his film it's really quite staggering how much he looks like those typical Patriots slot receivers. I mean, he really couldn't look more like the likes of Amendola and Edelman If he tried. 

What I see is a very quick guy with good hands and the ability to evade tackles and get extra yards. He's also devastating In one on one matches-up In the redzone as well. I honestly think this kid has enough talent that If he impresses during pre-season he could very well end up getting a spot on the roster. And it's funny because when you think of some of the best Slot receivers in recent times In Amendola and Welker, both were released by the first teams they joined too (In Danny's case he got let go by The Cowboys and Philly before finding a home with the rams), so this kind of thing has happened before to slot guys like Braverman. 

I just can't help but think of the mayhem he could cause down the middle with the likes of Hill and Watkins on the outside!!!..oh man. 

Is a video of his college stuff. I really hope he does well this pre-season as someone like this could be very productive In our new offense imo. And If we don't take him, it's almost guaranteed that he will be seen at Gillette Stadium next season :D

I get it...He’s white and a receiver so he is the next Welker/Amendola?

Sorry man I just don’t see the comparison besides being white. Welker was a million times better at route running and was not only a slot guy but a all purpose freak in total yards.

Sorry man I just don’t see the comparison besides being white. Welker was a million times better at route running and was not only a slot guy but a all purpose freak in total yards.

Reminds me more of Edelman. I’m still waiting on legendary RBs Jesse Haynes and Brian Shay to emerge.

thats funny but  I'd let it lay..thats really pushing it

Is it really "funny" though? Remember the term "race baiter" that some folks like to spew around here? Please deal with these suckers accordingly instead of giving him a nice little pat on the back. Because If I would have said something similar we all know what the reaction would have been.  

The guy was cut from the worst WR corps in the NFL. Probably a camp body and hopefully something more but no need to get excited.

Did you read the entire OP? I'm guessing you didn't. Amendola was cut from both Philly and the Cowboys, Welker was also cut too. Imo this guy has great speed, catches the ball very well and his route running Isn't too bad either. And let's be honest, who has the bears had at QB in recent years? He was there before Tribisky arrived so he was playing with pure garbage. 

Well the comparison is he is only 5'10 like those guys, quite thin, fast as hell and plays on the slot. No-one mentioned his race until you did. But anyway, I just think his style could really thrive in the system Andy is trying to put into place here. The kid is blazing quick and his reliable hands. He's everything the Pats look for In a slot guy and If our coaches have anything about them they will be able to bring out the best In this kid. Oh, and this kid has a 1000 yard/13 TD season In his last year in college, so he can do more than just be a slot too. 

So your saying we can flip him to the Pats for a 1st Rd pick!? Sign me up!

You mean cut from the Chiefs and Pats pick him up and becomes a HOF'er?  Then Pats trade him for two 1st right before he retires

Well the comparison is he is only 5'10 like those guys, quite thin, fast as hell and plays on the slot. No-one mentioned his race until you did. But anyway, I just think his style could really thrive in the system Andy is trying to put into place here. The kid is blazing quick and his reliable hands. He's everything the Pats look for In a slot guy and If our coaches have anything about them they will be able to bring out the best In this kid. Oh, and this kid has a 1000 yard/13 TD season In his last year in college, so he can do more than just be a slot too. 

Please don't make me look up every NFL WR that is around 5'10, thin, fast as hell and can play the slot.....and "drumroll" is not white

Is it really "funny" though? Remember the term "race baiter" that some folks like to spew around here? Please deal with these suckers accordingly instead of giving him a nice little pat on the back. Because If I would have said something similar we all know what the reaction would have been.  

Um I'd guess 9 out of 10 people that read your post thought that you had some kind of "race Baiter" message in it.

Please don't make me look up every NFL WR that is around 5'10, thin, fast as hell and can play the slot.....and "drumroll" is not white

Again, WHAT HAS RACE GOT TO DO WITH THIS THREAD? Why are you bringing race up? I compared him to Welker and Amendola because both were cut by their first teams as well just like this guy, but I guess that doesn't fit your agenda, does it?

Archived