What do you consider a success?

Its already way past the point of being an average offseason. With the Peters and Smith trades, I don't know how anyone rational could consider this an average offseason even if the draft had come and gone.

What we need to do going forward is find 2019 and 2020 starters in this draft so we can replace Bailey, Ford, Fisher, even Houston if he isn't willing to restructure. Getting this team back into good cap shape and nailing the drafts. That's the name of the game for me.

That and building quality depth in the secondary. We are paper thin at CB and Amerson is on a 1 year deal. that has to be addressed.

I don't think there's a short term decision of success in the offseason. We may or may not like the moves but if it reaches the end goal at the end of the season they are good moves and if not but build towards the end goal within the next couple years they might also be considered good. IMO it's SB or bust for every regime. 

One good draft hit would make the off season a success.  Didn't the Chiefs get an instant starter in about the sixth round when they drafted Brandon Carr about ten years ago?  A pick like that would help a lot.  To really judge the off season, we'll have to see how the FAs pan out.  Watkins and Williams could fill two big holes or they could bust.  Right now, I like most of the moves.  

Bottom line is if Mahomes is a franchise QB like we hope he is, this was a successful offseason. It will be interesting moving forward how well we rebuild the defense. Needs to be good enough to help us through the playoffs and go on a run because i really think the offense will be elite, especially if we improve the depth on offense.

Dorsey ignored addressing ILB in earnest pretty much his entire tenure and now it looks like Veach may have possible fixed it long term before even one draft. That means a lot to me. The Alex Smith trade was superb and set stage to pull band aid off with Peters. Watkins is a risk without question and will make it break this offseason. But we needed a physical presence and red zone threat at the position and went for the gold. Upgrading RB depth was nice. We haven't done enough to upgrade on the DLine but the players we bring back in short term deals kind of sets stage for this to be target area in the draft. CB beyond top 2-3 looks VERY shaky too. Defense is going to take two years to rebuild, but Veach did heavy lifting of ridding the roster of 30 something declining starters. Get to draft day and add some quality depth and hopefully a starter or two and then pick off a few gaping holes with veteran 1 year deals. Seems to be coming together both long and short term. B Plus...

Archived