How many picks will we get back?

So we signed Watkins, Hitchens and Williams as free agents. And we've lost Wilson, Fulton, Gaines, Mitchell, Bray, Ramik Wilson and KPL to FA, whilst Logan and Acker (Who had a visit with a team the other day) are still out there. So how much compensation should we expect to get out of this when it's all said and done yall? I heard someone say we won't be getting anything because of the Watkins and Hitchens deals but surely that ain't right? 

Meh...based on what we got vs what we lost I wasn't expecting much anyway. Maybe a 6th rounder if we were lucky. So if it turns out we get nothing it is hardly a major surprise or letdown. A late 6th rounder likely wasn't going to net us much anyway unless he was being packaged with another pick to move up or something. I could maybe see that angle. But as a potential substantial contributor in games?....Not so much.

Hats off to Veach.  Took a horrible cap situation, a dying defense, and some good but aging players and manipulated it into what I think is an overall improvement really on both sides of the ball. The defense will be faster and much younger with upside for the future.  The offense will be a hoot and frightening to any opponent.  How did Veach do this so quickly?  Hats off.

If we can get one good starter from this draft, its just icing on the cake.

Hats off to Veach.  Took a horrible cap situation, a dying defense, and some good but aging players and manipulated it into what I think is an overall improvement really on both sides of the ball. The defense will be faster and much younger with upside for the future.  The offense will be a hoot and frightening to any opponent.  How did Veach do this so quickly?  Hats off.

If we can get one good starter from this draft, its just icing on the cake.

Yup.  The only stain IMO is the Peters move.  But I trust it had to be done, for whatever reason.

Archived