Mahomes is unproven but the least BLAH quarterback possibly in Chiefs history. I don’t know what exciting backup quarterback you expected in free agency and what exciting number 3 you want, but that’s a pretty good start for an off season that has yet to have a draft.

Mahomes is unproven but the least BLAH quarterback possibly in Chiefs history. I don’t know what exciting backup quarterback you expected in free agency and what exciting number 3 you want, but that’s a pretty good start for an off season that has yet to have a draft.

Not talking about Mahomes, but Henne and McGloin just suck.

You dont mind digging to find something to bitch about do you. I guess you were hoping for a real exciting name to hold the clipboard on Sundays.

Sorry Curt Hennig guess not. But my point is that our QB situation is substantially worse than it was last year. If that’s digging so be it. Kinda hard to gloss over the most important position in football imo.

Sorry Curt Hennig guess not. But my point is that our QB situation is substantially worse than it was last year. If that’s digging so be it. Kinda hard to gloss over the most important position in football imo.

Every team in the league has a worse QB situation than we had last year. Literally all of them. Cleveland has a chance to have something similar this year, but thats about it.

Kind of hard to call trading up for Mahomes and grooming him for a year under Smith "glossing over" the most important position in the league imo.

If Mahomes is considered to be an upgrade to Smith then theres no way we are substantially worse overall.

Every team in the league has a worse QB situation than we had last year. Literally all of them. Cleveland has a chance to have something similar this year, but thats about it.

Kind of hard to call trading up for Mahomes and grooming him for a year under Smith "glossing over" the most important position in the league imo.

If Mahomes is considered to be an upgrade to Smith then theres no way we are substantially worse overall.

He will have growing pains but if he is what we think, then it is an upgrade. Henne is better than Bray and Mgloin has game experience too. I think we are better

Usually his negativity doesnt come out until game day. Wife must have o cut him off this week or something.

Yeah that’s it. Be mature about it my God. You’re as bad as DBG. Anyone looking at our QB situation objectively will agree with me. There’s no reason to get personal because this ain’t personal. Stop acting like a bitch.

Errr... wat? Mahomes will make the season fascinating if not down right exciting. Given there are like 10 legitimately bad starting QBs in the NFL, I don’t see how we are in bad shape, or blah shape. If anything, McGloin will instantly remove the need to waste one of our limited draft picks on a QB.

Errr... wat? Mahomes will make the season fascinating if not down right exciting. Given there are like 10 legitimately bad starting QBs in the NFL, I don’t see how we are in bad shape, or blah shape. If anything, McGloin will instantly remove the need to waste one of our limited draft picks on a QB.

McGloin is awful dude.

Yeah that’s it. Be mature about it my God. You’re as bad as DBG. Anyone looking at our QB situation objectively will agree with me. There’s no reason to get personal because this ain’t personal. Stop acting like a bitch.

Nah DBG would run to the mods and tell on you for cussing at him. I'm used to you not being able to control your mouth so I'll brush it off. And you already have multiple examples of people looking at the situation objectively and disagreeing with you in this thread.

No backup that the Chiefs can afford will be a winning starter if Mahomes goes down or flops.  There's a need for one backup but the #3 is not a factor.  If the Chiefs have to start their third QB, they aren't going anywhere this season.  It doesn't matter if the third QB is Mr. McGloin or Mr. McGoo.  

No backup that the Chiefs can afford will be a winning starter if Mahomes goes down or flops. There's a need for one backup but the #3 is not a factor. If the Chiefs have to start their third QB, they aren't going anywhere this season. It doesn't matter if the third QB is Mr. McGloin or Mr. McGoo.

Don’t know about Mr. McGoo. He seems to blindly bumble his way around to great success. He’d probably find a way to score the winning touchdown. McGloin though... yeah.

Nah DBG would run to the mods and tell on you for cussing at him. I'm used to you not being able to control your mouth so I'll brush it off. And you already have multiple examples of people looking at the situation objectively and disagreeing with you in this thread.

Well that’s fine. I believe that our overall QB situation is significantly worse this year and you don’t. Nothing wrong with disagreeing.

Of course our qb situation is worse. We don't have alex smith. But it doesn't matter. Nobody cares who the third qb is. We're just as fucked with mcgloin as with bray if they're starting. And henne is fine. It's what Mahomes needs, a veteran sounding board. Plus he could start a game or 2 and hopefully not look like an idiot. You want a backup as good as mahomes? That's what the draft is for. McGloin is probably a camp body anyway. Probably recommended by doug peterson. At worse he's someone to run the scout team in case we don't find a value qb in this draft. This year is all about mahomes development and nothing else.

Alex Smith threw for 4000 yards with 26 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Of course losing him is going to make the qb trio worse. But we seem to have hit our ceiling and keeping him would have limited Mahomes development. I'd love to have a great backup and a great number three, but the goal is to have the best starting quarterback possible. I doubt people in New England are "blah" about their quarterback situation because Brian Hoyer is on the roster.

So Mahomes might be less effective than Smith, especially early in the season.  After that, it really doesn't matter unless the Chiefs are having a very good season and Mahomes goes out for a couple of games.  The whole plan was to develop Mahomes and that couldn't be done with Smith here along with his cap hit.  It's a long term deal, not whether the QB play THIS SEASON will be better.

Archived