Henne will help with preparing Mahomes for each game and might survive some weeks having to start by running the hell out of the ball.   They must think McGloin can be developed, but shit!!  They must also think that Mahomes ability to throw on the run will keep rushers from getting to him.  I hope they are right. A lot of that decision to go cheap may have to do with their confidence in the running game to get by if necessary.

We need 4 QBs for the camp and will probably spend a late pick on a young QB. McGloin makes sense assuming we got him for dirt cheap.

I agree. I don't get the freak out on this. I'm sure a young rookie wool be brought in as the 4th QB too. Wether that is from a late pick or undrafted signee.

Henne and Mcgloin will battle for that very spot. I bet nobody was doing cartwheels when Foles was brought in right after quitting because he was so bad with the Rams.

No backup that the Chiefs can afford will be a winning starter if Mahomes goes down or flops.  There's a need for one backup but the #3 is not a factor.  If the Chiefs have to start their third QB, they aren't going anywhere this season.  It doesn't matter if the third QB is Mr. McGloin or Mr. McGoo.  

They signed Jeff Sessions?

Guys are acting like the current Chiefs QB’s are worse than last year? Tyler Bray was the 3rd option last year lest we forget.

Indeed. I still don’t think Bray has ever actually won a roster spot based on anything other than default. Fact Andy let him walk speaks volumes. As for Henne, I’d like to know how much specific input Andy had into bringing him in. Or was it a case he tasked Veach to do it. If Andy was heavily involved there’s reason to be optimistic.

Archived