Chiefs Left Guard situation.

If Hernandez, Wynn or Price are still there by the time we pick In the second, then I would seriously consider taking any of those three first tbh. It would just be nice to have an O-line that we won't have to worry about and one that can keep the kid nice and safe whilst also giving Kareem what he needs too.

Whereas I agree we won't be able to fix the defense in one year...I still believe that is where the focus of the draft should be for KC. The Oline will be serviceable enough just as it was last year. We still had a 4,000 yard passer and a 1,300 yard rusher with what we had. You give LDT and Morse an offseason to get healthier and I think we will be okay. Doesn't mean we don't look at upgrading LG but I do believe Chiefs can still be a very good offense if they stand pat.

The defense however needs several major upgrades.

This.

The O line is actually at worst average even as it is. The problem becomes when the Chiefs try to line up and run the ball up the middle smash mouth style.  They don't have the linemen to do that because the whole scheme is based on athletic linemen that can get out in space and block at the other levels quickly. One of the reasons they are not as good in the red zone during the Alex Smith years. LG is the weakest link on the line and the Chiefs did a decent job throughout most of the year cover it up. There was the issues in the middle of the season, but the coaching staff admitted they were going with a more complex blocking scheme and it wasn't working. They went back to the basics and the line started playing much better. 

What's everyone's thoughts on bringing in Luke Joeckel as our new LG?

I remember when fans killed KC for drafting FIsher over Joeckel and even if you still think Fisher has been a bust...Joeckel has been let go, demoted to LG for Seattle and now still a 26 year old 2nd overall Free Agent!

How great would it be to have Fisher at LT and Joeckel at LG! HAHAHA I surprised it hasn't happened just so the NFL has a story to talk about(you know...all the conspiracy NFL is fixed types)

If we go with a failed LT would much rather have Greg Robinson

If we go with a failed Lit would much rather have Greg Robinson

I wouldn't mind seeing what Robinson can do but I only mentioned Luke is because he has ALREADY made the switch to guard and has playing time there.  Plus it would be funny as hell if you ask me hahaha

I wouldn't mind seeing what Robinson can do but I only mentioned Luke is because he has ALREADY made the switch to guard and has playing time there.  Plus it would be funny as hell if you ask me hahaha

Makes sense IMO. Young guy with physical upside that failed in a terrible environment. May be he finally shines in KC and if not he won't cost much to get rid of.

Archived