Rams trade first for Brandin Cooks

kkuenn

I think it's a terrible move by the Rams and a brilliant one by the Patriots.

McVay panicked over losing his decoy in Watkins and bought a less believable decoy in Cooks.  Goff struggled to connect with a bigger Sammy Watkins and I don't see teams feeling very confident that he can hook up with a smaller Cooks.

They're not going to be able to keep all of these players, even with 90 mil in space next year.  Donald, Suh, Gurley, Joyner, Cooks, Peters, Brockers all coming up in the next 2 years.  Once they get through that mess, they will have to start working on a Goff extension.

They will also need to allocate more funds to sign FA's with the huge amount of draft picks they've traded away lately.

On the flipside, I anticipate Belichick will be using #23 to draft a player and will use #31 to move down and stack the shit out of his draft board for Day 2 and 3.  His D needs a total overhaul, so he needs the choices.  If Veach is serious about making a power move up, he should call Foxboro and let him and Philly lowball eachother to move down.

Cooks didn’t lose his mind.

I think he is probably worth that. That is about where we drafted Baldwin and Bowe. I like Cooks better than either of them. I would have kept the pick if I were the Rams. They need cheap talent and Cooks will be looking to get paid.

Kind of pissed that Cooks brought a 1st and 6th while Peters & 6th only net us 4th and next year's low 2nd. Talent wise we got short changed

Blame peters for running off the field and fighting with coaches which killed his value.

Belichick showing the nfl how...

Exactly. Look at the two Cooks trades combined. They trade away 32, 103 and 136 . But get back 23, 118 and 198. They get MORE trade value points and got Cooks for a season on a rookie cap hit. Pretty amazing really. Meanwhile the Rams have no first round pick and no second rounder the next two years all while having Peters and Cooks approaching contract years and already paying for Suh and Talib.

Exactly. Look at the two Cooks trades combined. They trade away 32, 103 and 136 . But get back 23, 118 and 198. They get MORE trade value points and got Cooks for a season on a rookie cap hit. Pretty amazing really. Meanwhile the Rams have no first round pick and no second rounder the next two years all while having Peters and Cooks approaching contract years and already paying for Suh and Talib.

Wow. That was a good move. If he does good in LA he will want bank. Who knows how much Peters will want.

Archived