Kiper now says Safety. Mcshay says OLB

Chiefswinitall

I would be surprised if the Chiefs thought much of Harrison. Doesn't seem to fit with what they look for as I think his ceiling is an okay coverage guy and his assets are something the NFL wants to go away from.

Carter would be a nice fit, but would be quite a statement on Dee Ford if OLB was the priority choice.

Carter would be a nice fit, but would be quite a statement on Dee Ford if OLB was the priority choice.

Make a statement then, I see no reason to extend Ford based on his 4 year resume so far. Sacks in a few clumps, liability against the run and always dinged up. Next. Plus we have no depth at OLB as I can't stand seeing Zombo out there another year.

Make a statement then, I see no reason to extend Ford based on his 4 year resume so far. Sacks in a few clumps, liability against the run and always dinged up. Next. Plus we have no depth at OLB as I can't stand seeing Zombo out there another year.

I agree completely, but the Chiefs likely feel otherwise.  Veach is high on Ford.

I think he fits quite well and from what I've seen, he suffers from the Justin Houston dilemma.

Houston had 7.5 and 10 sacks respectively his last 2 years at UGA. Carter has never had more than 5 sacks in college and had 4.5 this year.

Houston was disruptive at UGA. Carter was disruptive in small spurts and then disappears for half a season.

This year he had 3 sacks total in the first 3 games and only 1 more the entire rest of the freaking regular season. Btw, 2 of those 3 sacks were against fucking Samford. Are you kidding me? He added a half sack against OU in the CFP game. Whoop de do. So 2.5 sacks against real teams. Wow. Same story in 2016.

In Houston's 2 years playing major minutes there is production all through the year.

With Carter, a team would be making a huge gamble that they could find his missing pass rush mojo.

Guy is an incredible underwear athlete but with his size/speed/explosion he should have been killing it in college and he didn't. Instincts are sub par, as is recognition.

He may be a much better pro than college player, but he had good coaches in college this year and still barely registered.

That said, i think this is all moot. He won the underwear Olympics and this pass rush class is crap so i doubt he lasts to our pick in the 2nd.

Archived