2018 NFL Draft Thread

dksww

Matt Derrick @mattderrick 15h15 hours ago

Here goes nothing ... my official mock draft for the Chiefs on NFL Draft Eve. I don't think the Chiefs will stand pat with all eight selections, but if they do, I think defense will be the theme of the weekend.

http://www.chiefsdigest.com/chiefs-digests-mock-draft-goes-edge-rushers-corners/

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That may well be. Depends if they think one the QBs is a franchise player.

I wonder throughout the history of the NFL how many QBs, prior to ever playing an NFL game, have been deemed "Franchise QB".

Unless someone has a crystal ball there is no way to say who is "a Franchise QB" and who is not.

I can think of 10 right off the top of my head who was called a "Franchise QB" only to be a flop and about 5 or so that nobody even thought about as a "Franchise QB" that turned out to be a "Franchise QB".

I wonder throughout the history of the NFL how many QBs, prior to ever playing an NFL game, have been deemed "Franchise QB".

Unless someone has a crystal ball there is no way to say who is "a Franchise QB" and who is not.

I can think of 10 right off the top of my head who was called a "Franchise QB" only to be a flop and about 5 or so that nobody even thought about as a "Franchise QB" that turned out to be a "Franchise QB".

Exactly. QB is the biggest crap shoot of all. Even if these QBs take up 4 of the top 5 picks doesn’t mean they are “franchise” QBs. Just the top 4 on the board this year.

They better look really hard than look again and again to make dang sure.

The Giants do draft in the Top 3 often and Eli Manning is taking them nowhere and his shelflife is nearly gone.

They do? Only twice since the merger that I can think of.

The Giants need a lot. Their best move is probably to move down and accumulate picks. If they stay at 2, they should take Chubb or Barkley.

well that did not happen

Ya, but they should've taken a qb.

Plus this means Shane Ray will not be resigned after this season and if so you can bet he would want to come to KC to play

Picks I liked:

Jets - If they exercise patience, Darnold might be the answer. Way to not take Josh Allen. Now you can forget Hack ever happened.

Broncos - Chubb will be a real problem for us

Colts - 99.99% of the time I automatically shit on anyone that takes a Guard this high. But the Colts have to protect Luck a lot better and the picks didn't shake out the best for them. They didn't fuck up.

Bears - Smith will be a big piece for Fangio's system

Bucs - Vea is a nice addition to a now underrated DL.

Chargers - Derwin James is a huge addition.

Titans - Evans is a great add inside

Panthers - Moore is a great add

Ravens - I like the addition of Jackson

Jags - Bryan is a nice add

Didn't like:

Browns - I like the confidence, but I wonder a lot on if he can handle a rocky time in Cleveland. Taking a sub 6 foot corner in the top 5 with Chubb on the board was just fucking stupid. What the fuck Dorsey.

Giants - 37 year old QB on the decline. Got a great trade down option on hand and a blue chip QB prospect in their face and they took a fucking RB? Stupid.

49ers - McGlinchey was a big reach.

Saints - what the fuck

Raiders - Kolton Miller lmao. They took a 3 to move back and quickly blew it on a WR they will have to let walk in a year. Talk about stupid.

Bills - They took Josh Allen. While I like Edmunds, the Bills have a lot of needs and they've basically gutted Day 2.

Congratulating them for not going RG3 trade on Allen isn't a plus.

Patriots - Didn't like either pick.

Seahawks- Uh, okay.

Steelers - A significant reach.

Picks I liked:

Jets - If they exercise patience, Darnold might be the answer. Way to not take Josh Allen. Now you can forget Hack ever happened.

Broncos - Chubb will be a real problem for us

Colts - 99.99% of the time I automatically shit on anyone that takes a Guard this high. But the Colts have to protect Luck a lot better and the picks didn't shake out the best for them. They didn't fuck up.

Bears - Smith will be a big piece for Fangio's system

Bucs - Vea is a nice addition to a now underrated DL.

Chargers - Derwin James is a huge addition.

Titans - Evans is a great add inside

Panthers - Moore is a great add

Ravens - I like the addition of Jackson

Jags - Bryan is a nice add

Didn't like:

Browns - I like the confidence, but I wonder a lot on if he can handle a rocky time in Cleveland. Taking a sub 6 foot corner in the top 5 with Chubb on the board was just fucking stupid. What the fuck Dorsey.

Giants - 37 year old QB on the decline. Got a great trade down option on hand and a blue chip QB prospect in their face and they took a fucking RB? Stupid.

49ers - McGlinchey was a big reach.

Saints - what the fuck

Raiders - Kolton Miller lmao. They took a 3 to move back and quickly blew it on a WR they will have to let walk in a year. Talk about stupid.

Bills - They took Josh Allen. While I like Edmunds, the Bills have a lot of needs and they've basically gutted Day 2.

Congratulating them for not going RG3 trade on Allen isn't a plus.

Patriots - Didn't like either pick.

Seahawks- Uh, okay.

Steelers - A significant reach.

I like the Pats choice to go with a true rb. Could make them dangerous again. A real rb.

Archived