2018 NFL Draft Thread

dksww

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O'Daniel is an OLB that played about 45% of his snaps as the nickel db for Clemson. Very impressive.

He will play nickel lb for the Chiefs and is a major upgrade over Sorenson. Not even close.

6'1 205 lbs, finished 2017 with 104 tackles, 5 sacks and 2 int.

He's going to play safety basically for the Chiefs.

Kendall Fuller and O'Daniel went to the same high school. They were hanging out tonight for the draft.

https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/990064448378372101?s=19

This is definitely not BPA we could have easy gotten him in the 4th but oh well. Looks like a solid but underwhelming draft.

This Was our best pick so far imo.

I could be wrong but the DL picks will be hard to judge.

Fwiw O'Daniel and Kendall Fuller went to the same high school and were hanging out together for the draft tonight.

A lot of draft sites are saying we reached for players. But then I listened to Greg Cosell on the radio and his philosophy is there is no such thing as a reach if that guy is your guy and you valued him at that spot. So I guess all we can do is wait and see how these guys pan out. Kind of a long term approach but what else can you do? If 2 of the 3 picks we got tonight pan out long term you would say it was a solid draft.

I like O’Daniel so don’t get me wrong. Just think we could have gotten our guys by standing pat. My concern is if we are drafting for a Sutton’s defense and we suck again next year and he gets canned then we have a bunch of players that quite frankly fit a scheme some of us question it’s effectiveness without elite talent.

O'Daniel is an OLB that played about 45% of his snaps as the nickel db for Clemson. Very impressive.

He will play nickel lb for the Chiefs and is a major upgrade over Sorenson. Not even close.

6'1 205 lbs, finished 2017 with 104 tackles, 5 sacks and 2 int.

He's going to play safety basically for the Chiefs.

Kendall Fuller and O'Daniel went to the same high school. They were hanging out tonight for the draft.

https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/990064448378372101?s=19

so if he plays safety where will Armani Watts play???? i am so confused 

so if he plays safety where will Armani Watts play???? i am so confused 

O'Daniel will play nickel DB/S/LB over Sorenson or even Zombo.  Watts was probably drafted for depth and Special Teams.

O'Daniel is interesting because he's anywhere from 215 to 225 lbs.  I think the Chiefs will want him around 215(Similar to Berry) so he can be an option at S.

All his draft combine measurables are similar to Kam Chancellor:  https://twitter.com/INKcredible5/status/990263438277562370

Hopefully within 2 years both guys have developed into starters.  They're not being drafted now to be starters.

Archived