Reid says team has no holes.

Every team has as many holes as there are injuries.  Imagine this scenario:  Mahomes goes down with an ACL in the third preseason game.  A collective gasp of horror deflates so much air from KC, that the entire population needs a space suit to survive in the vacuum and cold.  Sales of anti-depressants skyrocket.

I suppose a case could be made there are no glaring holes in our starting lineup other than guard. Which is important on draft day so we aren’t reaching for need.

Likewise if we stand pat in the draft we aren’t likely getting instant starters but rather hopefully some quality depth at a few positions initially. Just no apparent depth to this roster in many places and a few like corner there’s nothing.

Can anyone name a position group we are good to go? Maybe RB. QB (but even there another developmental guy seems possible). I don’t even feel comfortable at WR with any injury. Good news is there’s a lot of teams out there with more legit holes, little depth and no young potential franchise QB to build around.

Maybe he was saying he thinks that the team could line up and at least play a game with no missing pieces prior to the draft and the tail end of free agency. That’s at least factually true and spills no information about who the Chiefs intend to draft. The pre draft interviews are painting a picture of who the intend to consider already.

I think we are looking way too much into this. A team with a late 2nd and nothing higher won't come up with a different statement. Besides Reid cannot just throw any player under the bus and needs to give them a boost for OTAs. Unless there's some controversial talk anything a coach says this time of the year is pointless.

How so? As a fan, I can tell you where other teams are thin. Surely at the very least the rest of the division rivals could as well.

I'm just saying you knew what their weaknesses were last year. A lot can change in one year. Young players like KPass and Murray could step up. Who thought that Jacksonville would make the AFCC game last season after winning three games the year before?

They did?

Murray actually got a lot of snaps. I thought he had mixed results but getting experience is critical. He is a much better player than this time last year just because of that.

Kpass only got 158 snaps (14% of defensive snaps), but had 2 sacks. That projects out to 14 sacks if he took every snap. That don’t mean shit as a projection, but a guy learning a new position in his rookie year? I see room for optimism. Again, at least he is further along than this time last year.

Murray actually got a lot of snaps. I thought he had mixed results but getting experience is critical. He is a much better player than this time last year just because of that.

Kpass only got 158 snaps (14% of defensive snaps), but had 2 sacks. That projects out to 14 sacks if he took every snap. That don’t mean shit as a projection, but a guy learning a new position in his rookie year? I see room for optimism. Again, at least he is further along than this time last year.

I want to be realistically optimistic about what to expect this season, especially about KPass who does have immense physical skills. To me though neither has proven we can count on them at all yet. Would be huge if Tanoh could become fixture at least on sub packages. Seems like he could be a great special teams player too in short term. But again I just haven’t seen it yet

Archived