Chiefs trade up for a CB?

Some 1st round talent always falls and we have the picks to move up if the right guy is available. I can see this scenario working, may be a 2nd and 4th to move up 10 spots?

Yep, that's about the perfect price to move up in the 2nd round.  Swap 2nds and give them our 4th

The feeling I get (maybe it's the grand slam breakfast I ate) is they are targeting Carlton Davis.

Seems they are wanting to get away from playing off coverage and back to more press and he seems like a young version of Sean Smith.

Can play well at either outside corner position, physical with good size and long arms and has a knack for clamping down on quick slants. Has the look of a #1 corner.

Now if they want to make sure to land him, I think mid 30's is where they will need to land.

Colts seem like a good probable partner. Familiarity with Ballard, the Colts are desperate to move down more so they could take a below market deal to do it.

I could see Mike Hughes being Plan B if Davis goes Thursday. Has some of that Peters ballskill in him.

Now if they want to make sure to land him, I think mid 30's is where they will need to land.

Colts seem like a good probable partner. Familiarity with Ballard, the Colts are desperate to move down more so they could take a below market deal to do it.

I could see Mike Hughes being Plan B if Davis goes Thursday. Has some of that Peters ballskill in him.

I'd agree. On both those guys. Not sure they make it even that far.

I'd be surprised if Davis goes in the first. Hughes is 50/50.

There may be 5 cb going in the 1st. I just hope Josh Jackson falls too. Would be nice to see who we go with. I think Davis or Alexander would be there in the 2nd though, possibly Hughes but I think he will go high 2nd at the latest.

I'd rather see an edge rusher  but as long as its on defense I'm ok with it.

Agree. I don't care what Dee Ford does this year, I'm not signing a guy with a bad back long term. But I'm fine anywhere on the defensive side of the ball. 

We are probably going to see 5 (possibly 6 being the Richmond kid) QBs going 1st round, with Mason Rudolph being the last.  May not be a 1st round talent, but that 5th year of control is huge so they'll get pushed up.  Other thing that could play in our favor is the premium placed on OTs and pushing up players who may only be average in the NFL.  I know we'd like to get a LG, but the more OL that go in the 1st the better.  I've heard a number like 7 OTs could go top 50.  A premium is put on edge guys, but you're probably only getting a situational guy in the 2nd round; someone with elite athleticism but little production who will need to be coached up, ala Lorenzo Carter.  I have to think we're looking at Corners and Safeties with our first pick.

Josh Jackson, Jaire Alexander, probably Isaiah Oliver, and maybe Mike Hughes won't be there.  However, we've made no secret of our admiration for Hughes.  Guys I'd see us either taking at 54 or trading up for include: Justin Reid, Ronnie Harrison, and Carlton Davis (assuming the other 4 mentioned haven't fallen).  I like Donte Jackson, but we need perimeter press guys when it comes to CBs, not slot.  

Also, I'd absolutely spend a early day 3 pick on Holton Hill, particularly if we go safety.  He's my man crush for this draft..getting 1st round talent with off the field issues, mainly smoking pot.  See Justin Houston....tell me how that's worked out.

We are probably going to see 5 (possibly 6 being the Richmond kid) QBs going 1st round, with Mason Rudolph being the last.  May not be a 1st round talent, but that 5th year of control is huge so they'll get pushed up.  Other thing that could play in our favor is the premium placed on OTs and pushing up players who may only be average in the NFL.  I know we'd like to get a LG, but the more OL that go in the 1st the better.  I've heard a number like 7 OTs could go top 50.  A premium is put on edge guys, but you're probably only getting a situational guy in the 2nd round; someone with elite athleticism but little production who will need to be coached up, ala Lorenzo Carter.  I have to think we're looking at Corners and Safeties with our first pick.

Josh Jackson, Jaire Alexander, probably Isaiah Oliver, and maybe Mike Hughes won't be there.  However, we've made no secret of our admiration for Hughes.  Guys I'd see us either taking at 54 or trading up for include: Justin Reid, Ronnie Harrison, and Carlton Davis (assuming the other 4 mentioned haven't fallen).  I like Donte Jackson, but we need perimeter press guys when it comes to CBs, not slot.  

Also, I'd absolutely spend a early day 3 pick on Holton Hill, particularly if we go safety.  He's my man crush for this draft..getting 1st round talent with off the field issues, mainly smoking pot.  See Justin Houston....tell me how that's worked out.

Please let the Chargers take Mason Rudolph with their second round pick. I'm very confident he will be a bust. 

Meeks is an awful option (imo) and Holton Hill is an NFL suspension waiting to happen.

Teams will get spooked by the 40 and lack of INT's

Definitely not true. Meeks is a very good press corner. Physical kid. And he ran a 4.4 at his pro day.

Hope is hill a suspension away? He was suspended at Texas not the NFL. He is in the same boat as any other rookie

Meeks is anything but fluid as an athlete and had problems without a safety over the top. Probably needs to change positions, but likely a STer.

He can't shift well and tends to be overly aggressive to compensate for it, which leads him to be a liability. 40 time isn't everything.

Hill failed enough drug tests to miss multiple months, which shit....that takes a lot of failed tests to accomplish on the NCAA level. That matters because the NFL is a hell lot more strict and a guy not on the field isn't worth shit 100% of the time.

Definitely not true. Meeks is a very good press corner. Physical kid. And he ran a 4.4 at his pro day.

Hope is hill a suspension away? He was suspended at Texas not the NFL. He is in the same boat as any other rookie

He doesn't play 4.4 - i think most teams would have to move him to safety if they want anything more than a special teams guy.

Archived