Do we really have a big need at CB?

Number one priority should be CB.  No depth and several questions about the starters.  I'm certainly in favor of the Chiefs trading a third and swapping seconds to move up near the top of the second round if there's a CB they judge as starter material.  They can get by at safety and better to see Ford hack away at OLB than to have the secondary picked apart while trying to protect a lead.  Priority order in my book:  CB, OLB, O-line, safety, D-line.  Of course, that has to be modified to account for who's available or who's willing to trade, but those positions need back ups and some need upgraded starters.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not even sure we need a FS. I know murray hasn't lit the world on fire but he is a phenomenal athlete (around 87% SPARQ score, for comparison sake marcus peters was right at 50% which is the NFL average for the position). Sometimes position changes take time.

I guess not light the world on fire is slang for sucks ass?

They have more needs than just corner to be dumping off both 3's.

It's hard to expect to find a starter in the late 4th.

And that post never said "expect to get a #1 corner in the 3rd round"

Reid has stated there are no needs.

I think it's pretty reasonable to expect a Nelson type CB to be available in 3rd or 4th. There are similar guys in most drafts, we just fail to find them most of the time.

I don't know, we have found some really good guys in the 3rd. Carr, Houston, Hunt, Kelce are just a quick few off the top of my head.

I don't know, we have found some really good guys in the 3rd. Carr, Houston, Hunt, Kelce are just a quick few off the top of my head.

There have definitely been good players out there but we failed more often than not at DB specifically. Especially in Dorsey era we definitely did better in mid rounds and got some very good value in most positions.  

Nelson was a good find but we missed big on guys like Russell, Gaines, and pretty much anyone we pick at Safety. Hopefully Veach has better eye for mid round DBs.

3rd round has been very good to us over the years. 6th round hates our guts.

First round hasn't always been so friendly, either.

Gene Trosch

Brad Budde

Willie Scott

Todd Blackledge

Trezelle Jenkins

Sly Morris

Ryan Sims

Tyson Jackson

Was Brian Jozwiak also a first rounder?  I'm sure there's more, but the above list is enough to drive fans up the wall.

Gene Trosch

Brad Budde

Willie Scott

Todd Blackledge

Trezelle Jenkins

Sly Morris

Ryan Sims

Tyson Jackson

Was Brian Jozwiak also a first rounder? I'm sure there's more, but the above list is enough to drive fans up the wall.

Baldwin. :puke:

Gene Trosch

Brad Budde

Willie Scott

Todd Blackledge

Trezelle Jenkins

Sly Morris

Ryan Sims

Tyson Jackson

Was Brian Jozwiak also a first rounder? I'm sure there's more, but the above list is enough to drive fans up the wall.

Percy Snow?

Yes he was.

The hype was crazy.

And he was supposed to be the next best thing to dominate NFL offenses. We have missed out on a lot of guys in 1st and rarely found above average talent. Over the last 2 decades Gonzo, DJ, Hali, and Berry are the only elite players we picked in 1st. In fact I would consider DJ and Hali as bad picks since neither has been successful in the scheme they were drafted for.

And he was supposed to be the next best thing to dominate NFL offenses. We have missed out on a lot of guys in 1st and rarely found above average talent. Over the last 2 decades Gonzo, DJ, Hali, and Berry are the only elite players we picked in 1st. In fact I would consider DJ and Hali as bad picks since neither has been successful in the scheme they were drafted for.

Tait was very good and we have yet to see Peters play out but he was good too. Poe was very good for taking as many snaps as he did. That would be around 7 out of 18 picks as we had 2 years without a first rounder but one year we had 2 picks in the first with Albert and Dorsey taken.

MEH I just don't see them getting a true #1 CB in the 3rd round.

For me I think what would it hurt to pair our 2nd and even both 3rds and move up to get that #1 CB? Lets say they plan to take CB with one of those 3 picks regardless.. What do you get from two other picks vs moving up for a true starter

Amazes me Dorsey took four CBs in the first three rounds in a three year period and only one is left on the roster. But I did like the way he saw value in position in round 3. We’ve just gotta do a better job of scouting.

We had two early first round picks, no legit QB on the roster and only needed to move up three spots to get Matt Ryan. King Carl blew a golden opportunity.

I was pounding hard on the table here (whatever the board variety was in 2008) hard for Matt Ryan, as it was clear that Brodie Croyle really just didn't a shit about professional football.

Archived