Do we really have a big need at CB?

We had two early first round picks, no legit QB on the roster and only needed to move up three spots to get Matt Ryan. King Carl blew a golden opportunity.

Rams were already guaranteed to pick up DL and had no worries about Raiders picking up a non-offensive player. Should have pulled the trigger to get to #2 and we might have gotten a SB by now. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams were already guaranteed to pick up DL and had no worries about Raiders picking up a non-offensive player. Should have pulled the trigger to get to #2 and we might have gotten a SB by now.

Correct me if I am wrong but was it not the Falcons saying they were not trading they spot any ways or was not Detroit with Stafford at the time?

Herm has said multiple times now that KC did plan to draft Matty Ice at #5 and every report they were getting was that the Falcons had no interest and were targeting Glenn Dorsey at #3.  Seems Chiefs felt pretty confident that Ryan would be there at #5.

All reports I had were the Falcons were locked in on Matt Ryan for a good month leading up to the draft. The Chiefs reluctance to move up is why both guys associated with that move are no longer in the NFL.

Meh. I live in Atlanta, see a lot of Matt Ryan. He's better than what we've had in KC (certainly pre-11) but don't consider him to be the missing piece to a Superbowl personally.

All time Top 10 in career completion % and interception %.

All time Top 20 in yards, completed passes, career passer rating, adjusted yards per attempt, 4th qtr comebacks, and TDs.

Yeah but you have a feeling he lacks "it".

KC hasn't had a homegrown qb that good since... uh ever.

I feel like Ryan is in a situation similar to Marino in terms of career. Ryan is very good QB with a lot of talent. However he has been stuck in an organization that failed to field a defense good enough to win. No matter who the QB is a solid defense or pure luck is a must for the SB IMO. 

I never said that he isn’t a top 10 QB. Just that I don’t like the guy and I personally don’t think he has what it takes to be considered one of the best. I would point at scheme and talent around him.

But if you think I need to like him and every top 10 QB I’ll run out and buy each of there jerseys?

All time Top 10 in career completion % and interception %.

All time Top 20 in yards, completed passes, career passer rating, adjusted yards per attempt, 4th qtr comebacks, and TDs.

Yeah but you have a feeling he lacks "it".

KC hasn't had a homegrown qb that good since... uh ever.

So, he's Dan Marino 2.0?

I never said that he isn’t a top 10 QB. Just that I don’t like the guy and I personally don’t think he has what it takes to be considered one of the best. I would point at scheme and talent around him.

But if you think I need to like him and every top 10 QB I’ll run out and buy each of there jerseys?

Nobody says you have to like him but at least admit it's personal, not based on logic or on field play. Hell i hate Rivers but he's a hell of a qb.

Talk about shook.

Nobody says you have to like him but at least admit it's personal, not based on logic or on field play. Hell i hate Rivers but he's a hell of a qb.

Not personal at all...I just don't see that drive in him like I do other top QBs and Ryan seemed to take a big drop this past year after Shanahan left.  I see him as a Alex Smith type that needs the right scheme and talent around him to succeed.  

Regarding Rivers I used to agree but that guy has choked against the Chiefs many times and his playoff resume is not great. Hell we give Alex Smith major shit over his playoff success but Rivers has not sniffed the playoffs in like 7 or 8 years I think.

Archived