Assume, at least for the sake of this thread, that the Chiefs target a CB as their top priority.  Which would you be happy with that could be available?  Two scenarios:  First, no trades.  Second, trade with Indy up to #36 by swapping seconds and giving up a third.

Do you like Oliver out of Colorado at #54?

Would you trade up for Mike Hughes, UCF or Jaire Alexander from Louisville?

Other options?

Just trying to get the discussion started.  BTW, realize that anyone mentioned will cause Xen to either claim they're certain busts or that they won't be available by that spot.   :)

To start, I do not think Jaire Alexander is a reasonable option at all. I think he goes Top 20.

After finishing my studies, I do not like Oliver and would rather go a different direction.

Hughes has good ball skills, but I am concerned that he'll get ate up by the tall receivers in this division.

Carlton Davis is the best fit, I think. Outside of that, maybe we get lucky and teams get spooked over Josh Jacksons 40.

A lot depends on what they do with Fuller. If they opt to play him on the outside, then I could see them moving up for Hughes. If they keep him in the slot, where he is proven, then they could trade up for Davis or Jackson, or stand pat and probably get Oliver, or Donte Jackson.

They might like safety more with the 2nd rounder, if someone like Reid or Moore are there. Then grab a Toliver or McFadden in the 3-4 range.

Love mike hughes. Wish he was 2 inches taller as i think that might scare KC off. He's a mean press corner and would do better in our system than most systems. not ready to start year 1 but could play ST for a year and be an understudy.

Jaire Alexander is out of reach and not sure he fits our system anyway, except maybe nickel. I don't think he's physical enough for Sutton.

Donte Jackson is ok. Better athlete than press corner. Will be overdrafted based on 40.

Isaiah Oliver has some decent potential in our system but may take a few years to pay off. Not sold on him.

If we're trading up high in the 2nd or low first, Carlton Davis was custom made to play outside in our system. That would be my target. I'm just not sure where he goes. My gut says he goes higher than the draftniks think.

Damn i wish hughes was taller. Kid's a beast. Pretty sure he murdered some wide receivers in the cutups i watched. Maybe he can learn to play in platform shoes.

Holton Hill and Tarvarus Mcfadden will be there for us when we pick In the second round imo. And I'd be happy with either or both. I think Mcfadden has first-round talent but because he had an average season last year, coupled with him not posting a great 40 time, people have written him off. But I think he'd do well with the Chiefs as he has a history of getting interceptions and has the right height and frame to fit into our scheme. 

Love mike hughes. Wish he was 2 inches taller as i think that might scare KC off. He's a mean press corner and would do better in our system than most systems. not ready to start year 1 but could play ST for a year and be an understudy.

Jaire Alexander is out of reach and not sure he fits our system anyway, except maybe nickel. I don't think he's physical enough for Sutton.

Donte Jackson is ok. Better athlete than press corner. Will be overdrafted based on 40.

Isaiah Oliver has some decent potential in our system but may take a few years to pay off. Not sold on him.

If we're trading up high in the 2nd or low first, Carlton Davis was custom made to play outside in our system. That would be my target. I'm just not sure where he goes. My gut says he goes higher than the draftniks think.

Damn i wish hughes was taller. Kid's a beast. Pretty sure he murdered some wide receivers in the cutups i watched. Maybe he can learn to play in platform shoes.

Sounds like he has some Brandon Flowers in him.

Thanks for playing along.

Isn't Hughes at least as tall as Brandon Flowers? I guess the real question is what the minimum height is to be an effective CB.

We got rid of brandon flowers because he didn't fit the system. That said, hughes is much better as a press corner than flowers so maybe they'll consider him. To me, Hughes is like Quenton Nelson. Nelson looks like he takes it personally that someone is trying not to be blocked and tries to bury guys. Similiarly, Hughes doesn't just press guys, he tries to murder them. Love how tenacious he is. That said, he needs some development and i worry he would only be able to play slot sometimes because of the height issue. But put him on a receiver that doesn't have a huge height advantage and he'll harass them the whole game.

Thanks for playing along.

Isn't Hughes at least as tall as Brandon Flowers? I guess the real question is what the minimum height is to be an effective CB.

5'10". It's not bad but sutton likes his outside corners around 6' at least. Of course fuller is only 5'11" so maybe he's backing off that.

I think people are overestimating where Carlton Davis goes, somewbat. Teams are hesitant on corners that don't generate turnovers and 1 INT over two years is very low.

I don't like Oliver because he's only capable of covering on one side of the field.

Donte Jackson is a slot corner.

I think people are overestimating where Carlton Davis goes, somewbat. Teams are hesitant on corners that don't generate turnovers and 1 INT over two years is very low.

I don't like Oliver because he's only capable of covering on one side of the field.

Donte Jackson is a slot corner.

Where do you thing the realistic draft range is on carlton davis?

Never know if a team like the Colts say fuck it and roll the dice with 22 second round choices, but I have his value pegged around mid to late 2nd round.

Solid player, but lack of INTs and being an ideal fit in only certain schemes will hurt him.

Josh Jackson could be worth striking on if he's around in the end of the first.

I like Hughes just fine. He’s tall enough. Maybe not for Sutton, but someone will get a great corner if they look past that. If he is there when round two starts, KC needs to go get him.

Davis will go anywhere from late first to late second. Don’t see him falling to round three.

I think Hughes is fine with height BUT needs to put on another 10lbs if you ask me.  The problem with that is his speed....He already ran slow at the combine and if he needs to add another 10lbs what does that do to his speed?

I Love me some Jaire Alexander and would be more than fine trading our 2nd +BOTH 3rds to move up into the 20's of the first round to get him!

I think Hughes we would need to move up into the top of the 2nd so our 2nd+only 1 3rd

Is it worth the cost to get back into the first round? Seems like it would take several picks away from a team that needs a lot of help on defense.

Trading two second day picks to get the player they want is worth it in my book.  #54 and #78 for #36 if Alexander was there would be a no brainer for me.  Quality over quantity up to a point is the way to build.

I Love me some

Jaire Alexander

and would be more than fine trading our 2nd +BOTH 3rds to move up into the 20's of the first round to get him!

I think Hughes we would need to move up into the top of the 2nd so our 2nd+only 1 3rd

No way would i do 2nd and both 3rds for alexander.

Trading two second day picks to get the player they want is worth it in my book.  #54 and #78 for #36 if Alexander was there would be a no brainer for me.  Quality over quantity up to a point is the way to build.

Is 54 and 78 enough to get 36? I certainly dont have the value chart memorized but that seems off a bit.

Archived