Chiefs play Rams on MNF

What is the deal with the NFL having to make every announcement into a 2 hour special? Rest of schedule comes out tonight.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23238703/los-angeles-rams-face-kansas-city-chiefs-mexico-city-mnf

The Los Angeles Rams will host the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday Night Football from Mexico City on Nov. 19, the Rams announced Wednesday, one day before the NFL unveils the rest of the 2018 regular-season schedule.

Kickoff is set for 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN from Estadio Azteca for what will be the NFL's second Monday Night Football game in Mexico City, two years after the Oakland Raiders and Houston Texans did the same.

Wide receiver Sammy Watkins, now with the Chiefs, and cornerback Marcus Peters, now with the Rams, will each be facing their former teams.

The NFL will formally announce the schedule for all 32 teams at 8 p.m. ET Thursday. ESPN will air a two-hour SportsCenter special to analyze the schedule as it is announced by the NFL.

At least we didn't give up a home game this time. I never liked the London games and Mexico City doesn't look fun either but at least Mexico probably appreciates NFL more. I know it makes money for the league but I don't like how it's affecting the game, basically a burden on players and coaches.

we'll lose that game..why? because its deer season and the Chiefs from a study  someone did for me a couple of years ago showed the Chiefs lose more often than not on one of the Deer Season weekends.. Peters will have his way with PM2

Glad this is the Rams home game they are giving up but Azteca is 2,000 feet in altitude higher than Sports Authority Field in Denver and it’s just another case of money trumping common sense and player safety.

That said whoever comes up with the best plan for handling this will likely make a considerable difference. The Patriots actually spent last year practicing all week at the Air Force Academy while the Raiders spent three weeks on treadmills inside an oxygen machine. Either way the extreme pollution and altitude is going to be major factor.

“Azteca Stadium is the worst place to ever play a sporting event,” former USA National Team member said to USA Today in response to the NFL deciding to play here.

“When you get there, you’re going to feel it,” edge rusher Khalil Mack said in an exclusive interview with NBC Sports Bay Area. “It’s different than anything you’ve ever felt. It’s different than Denver. It was a way tougher challenge. You felt it right away. It hits you getting off the plane.”

we'll lose that game..why? because its deer season and the Chiefs from a study  someone did for me a couple of years ago showed the Chiefs lose more often than not on one of the Deer Season weekends.. Peters will have his way with PM2

Is it the deer season in Mexico?

Is it the deer season in Mexico?

It’s deer season every day of the year in Kansas City. You don’t need to go look for them, they will find you and your car. Dead carcasses all over K10 is the norm. Unless one of our players hits one though (which is very possible), I doubt it impacts the game.

I think the Chiefs hold an advantage over the Rams over the location, since they play a game in Denver every year.

They already have a well-versed plan for the altitude.

Isn't Mexico City still like 2000 feet higher than Denver?  Mahomes will be throwing the ball 90 yards in the air haha

I'd guess with that being attendance is not as high because a lot people are out hunting?

Well with the game being in Mexico this could actually be a advantage over that thought because neither team will have a home field advantage and we get to be away from Arrowhead stadium and not worrying about lower attendance because of hunting season! 

Well I guess by the time we play the Rams we'll know if they are Dreamteam 2.0 or just another group of dysfunctional "all-stars" whose egos can't co-exist in the same room. I really didn't want LA to have NFL teams because we already have enough genuflecting by ESPN for their hometown team, the Pats. If either LA team becomes a contender, we'll never hear the end of it by the media. You see a ton of experts already anointing the Chargers as the class of the division. How about they beat the Chiefs at least ONCE before you make that bet?

It’s deer season every day of the year in Kansas City. You don’t need to go look for them, they will find you and your car. Dead carcasses all over K10 is the norm. Unless one of our players hits one though (which is very possible), I doubt it impacts the game.

That's why I loved US-24 from Leavenworth to Lawrence. Basically in the middle of a forest with no wildlife getting in the way.

Mexico City – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution

Exercise increased caution due to crime.

There are no travel restrictions on U.S. government employees.

Sure glad we have a game in that city, granted it could be level 3 or 4 but no big deal I guess lol

I work in Mexico City a lot. It’s one of the biggest cities on the planet so there is going to be crime. Chiefs fans are fine going to the game as long as you pay attention to where you are. There are 30,000 Uber drivers and they are pretty solid.

Flights are around 450 from KC. Plush hotels for around 120 a night.

It is a small Stadium that sold out in 30 minutes last year so good luck getting tickets.

I work in Mexico City a lot. It’s one of the biggest cities on the planet so there is going to be crime. Chiefs fans are fine going to the game as long as you pay attention to where you are. There are 30,000 Uber drivers and they are pretty solid.

It is a small Stadium that sold out in 30 minutes last year so good luck getting tickets.

Ever been to Guadalajara? I’ve got to be there in October and was hoping Chiefs would play st same time. No such luck. I will say Estadio Azteca would be the 2nd largest stadium in the NFL though. So it’s not small.

Probably makes sense to make it a long weekend in Mexico. 

Thanks for the tip. I'm all in on that!

Is it called Jose Quirvo in Mexico instead of Jose Cuervo? I only ask cause don't want y'all asking for the "Quir-vo" train. Not sure you'll like where that train goes. Well, maybe Diehard will.

Archived