810am Jeff Chedhia from Espn podcast

Didn't Seth Keysor put out an article on Houston right after the season and said he was a beast? 

I feel like people just look at a players sack total and then make a determination.

I'm not going to search for it on Twitter, but i'm pretty sure Keysor put out an article on how Houston was used and how well he performed even though he wasn't getting huge sack totals.

He is NOT done.

EDIT:

I found it.  He is still a very, very good player and will be.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/3/2/17071674/look-closer-justin-houston-is-still-one-of-the-best-in-the-game

If Houston is used correctly he could. Still rated as one if the top all around OLB

I agree he’s still a very good “all-around” OLB, but you don’t give a guy $100m to be a very good all-around OLB. Reality is that since Houston got that deal he hasn’t been the same dominant pass rusher, whether due to injuries or other.

Houston was paid a shit ton of money to get sacks and he’s not. How is he wrong?

Houston had to drop back all the time, that's why.  And a lot of it was because Peters was playing off, and Berry was gone. Now that that question is out of the way, I read (as we all did) the other day, that Chris Jones came to camp 25 lb. lighter and also that he may play more on the outside than interior this coming season.  Sounds to me like they are going to use him as a pass rusher a lot more, now that they have run-stopping linebackers.  If he does, that will help Houston in several ways.  That would also mean that our first pick will be CB, not pass rusher. That also does not even account for the possiblity that K-Pass will break out this year.

This conversation has been had 1000 times in here already.

Hard to get sacks when you are playing free safety

And as a 2 gapping DL, basically.

Bob Sutton used Houston to mask a lot of the lack of talent and his stupid scheme.

There's a point when statline analyzing is a hindrance.

Houston didn't meet your standard...blame Sutton. Scheme didn't work...blame Sutton. Peters played 10 yards off...blame Sutton. Sutton designed the scheme and called the plays, it all starts and ends with him.

Now you’re getting it. When Houston rushed the QB, he got there. Not his fault if he is running around in the secondary half the time.

We are going to find out this next season. What a waste.

Did we play this scheme because Berry injury?

It’s started with that. And then dee Ford gets hurt.. and the inside linebackers sucked until rags starting playing.

Houston was great all around.

Houston didn't meet your standard...blame Sutton. Scheme didn't work...blame Sutton. Peters played 10 yards off...blame Sutton. Sutton designed the scheme and called the plays, it all starts and ends with him.

Not buying it at all. When Sutton had two pass rusher and two legit corners his scheme was a top five scoring defense and top three in turnovers created. We were old and slow last year and Sutton’s scheme was handicapped by talent.

Not buying it at all. When Sutton had two pass rusher and two legit corners his scheme was a top five scoring defense and top three in turnovers created. We were old and slow last year and Sutton’s scheme was handicapped by talent.

Well, talent may have been the issue for sure, but Houston was not in that group.

You could run any halfassed scheme with top end rushers and corners.

Then you adjust...putting Houston in coverage, rushing only 2 linemen, and playing our CB soft is not a solution in any scheme. Sutton isn't creative and we will see it once again.

Archived