Chiefs 2018 Schedule

If in the first 4 games we go 1-3 or like in 2016 we start off poor, this place will go nuts. The only worry I have is if we do start off badly, how is Mahomes going to handle it all? I just hate the throwing in the fire like this and again we seem to get a back loaded schedule. If he comes through though and looks good.....man watch out!

If in the first 4 games we go 1-3 or like in 2016 we start off poor, this place will go nuts. The only worry I have is if we do start off badly, how is Mahomes going to handle it all? I just hate thebthrowinf in the fire like this and again we seem to get a back loaded schedule. If he comes through though and looks good.....man watch out!

I don't disagree, but I think alot of Chiefs' fans are guarded towards 2018 and understand that with it being Mahomes' first year and a revamped defense looming, 2019 will be the best shot we have to make playoff noise.

I'm a little more optimistic just because Mahomes is going to have so many weapons on offense to work with and I think KC will look to run the ball alot more this year to protect him as well.

I'm more pessimistic about the defense unless they attempt to get quality db's and pass rushers in the draft.

If in the first 4 games we go 1-3 or like in 2016 we start off poor, this place will go nuts. The only worry I have is if we do start off badly, how is Mahomes going to handle it all? I just hate thebthrowinf in the fire like this and again we seem to get a back loaded schedule. If he comes through though and looks good.....man watch out!

As long as Mahomes handles adversity and doesn't let it get to him, I'm gonna be fine even if we start 1-3. I actually think a lot of people have tempered expectations with a rookie QB and rebulding defense no matter what Andy says. Call it realistically optimisitc. Most of the team success you find with QBs this young were spearheaded by good defenses. Then again most of the time young QBs don't inherit a back to back division champ around them either. 

It seems like Mahomes is more likely to beat a team like the Steelers than Alex was. But more likely than Alex to lose to a team like the Brown than Alex was. I'm sure anxious to watch him be the guy.

I don’t know how much I’d agree with this. I think our ability to score points will increase with Mahomes, as perhaps will our turnovers. However, gone I think will be the days of the stupid 17-19 loss because Alex couldn’t muster anything the majority of his time here in 5 years. We played super conservative junk against some really awful teams during Alex’s tenure. I think the defense may finally get rewarded when they do well.

I don’t know that I’d agree with this. I think our ability to score points will increase with Mahomes, as perhaps will our turnovers. However, gone I think will be the days of the stupid 17-19 loss because Alex couldn’t muster anything the majority of his time here in 5 years. We played super conservative junk against some really awful teams during Alex’s tenure. I think the defense may finally get rewarded when they do well.

I agree with in that we will likely lose some games Alex didn’t normally lose because of turnovers and also win some Alex wouldn’t have won because as you say it will be harder to shut this offense down. Completely agree with you that even as the growing pains occur, this will be a much more exciting offense to watch. I can’t wait!

If in the first 4 games we go 1-3 or like in 2016 we start off poor, this place will go nuts. The only worry I have is if we do start off badly, how is Mahomes going to handle it all? I just hate the throwing in the fire like this and again we seem to get a back loaded schedule. If he comes through though and looks good.....man watch out!

I won’t be surprised if we start 1-5. We all wanna believe Mahomes is THE guy, but reality is that we have no clue what we’ll get from him in his first year as a starter. This, plus the big question marks on defense could mean some pain is ahead. Expectations should be tempered imo.

I won’t be surprised if we start 1-5. We all wanna believe Mahomes is THE guy, but reality is that we have no clue what we’ll get from him in his first year as a starter. This, plus the big question marks on defense could mean some pain is ahead. Expectations should be tempered imo.

I would have guessed you more a 0-6 type. I’m liking your sudden optimism.

• 3 weeks later...

I would feel more comfortable if we played the Steelers a little later, the run defense definitely needs some time to gel. I'm feeling something like a 9-7, there's a learning curve for Mahomes and we basically have no starters over 30. Anything better would be great but such a start for this young group would be very promising.

I would feel more comfortable if we played the Steelers a little later, the run defense definitely needs some time to gel. I'm feeling something like a 9-7, there's a learning curve for Mahomes and we basically have no starters over 30. Anything better would be great but such a start for this young group would be very promising.

They did this to us last year too starting off tough but we went in a dive over some easy teams then after going 5-1. I would like a few games being easier as it looks now for us to get our feet wet, but trial by fire hopefully helps us on the back end then too. Just hope we stay healthy and confidence is high going into it all.

They did this to us last year too starting off tough but we went in a dive over some easy teams then after going 5-1. I would like a few games being easier as it looks now for us to get our feet wet, but trial by fire hopefully helps us on the back end then too. Just hope we stay healthy and confidence is high going into it all.

I think teams figured out how to expose Sorenson in the nickel LB role, expose the deep secondary with no viable second corner and isolate Houston with no other pass rushers they had to worry about. Took about a month but Sutton inserted KPL and just sack back in zone to counter.

The blocking of the Oline was pretty bad in that stretch. Hunt and Smith were getting blown up. Surprised me because that’s when our o line got healthy. It was bizarre the drop off in a that stretch. World beaters against the NFLs best to getting beat by scrub teams.

The blocking of the Oline was pretty bad in that stretch. Hunt and Smith were getting blown up. Surprised me because that’s when our o line got healthy. It was bizarre the drop off in a that stretch. World beaters against the NFLs best to getting beat by scrub teams.

That's one aspect of the team I never get. So far we always had crappy OL performance to start the season that keeps getting better as the season moves on. I don't remember having a consistent OL anytime during this regime, the story is always the same. Probably has something to do with constant personnel changes on the line but still it shouldn't be that hard to insert one new guy to the mix. 

I'm old enough to remember everyone freaking out about the first 6 games of last year as well. 

I really don't care as long as we stay healthy this year.  Just once I would like to see the Chiefs get through a season without injuries to key players.

Archived