Pat Mahomes will suck

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw him at the SKC game last night and my slightly intoxicated friend walked up and asked him if he’s worried about tough schedule to start season. He responded “can’t wait” high five and off he went. Think we are gonna love this kid!”

"Pat Mahomes didn't play his rookie year. Barely at all. There is no chance on God's green earth (Mahomes) comes in next year and lights it up." - Mike Golic

lol this year is gonna be fun

He’ll be as good as wentz was year one.

i saw that ESPN was re-running the Gruden QB camp Shows about a week ago and recorded the one with PM, watched it this morning and i am pretty sure i will believe the opinions of Gruden on pat before i will ever worry about what this dumbass has to say

Where did you find that? I haven’t seen it.

Between preseason and the Denver game last year, everything points to Mahomes being at least a decent NFL QB. I am sure his inexperience and gunslinger tendency will cause frustration on occasion, but he seems to have the tools and command to overcome. You can just see something special in him when he is on the field. I don’t think anyone could claim that with Bray, Croyle, Cassel, Grbac, Huard, Stanzi, etc. etc. etc. let alone 75% of the rest of the QBs in the league.

Between preseason and the Denver game last year, everything points to Mahomes being at least a decent NFL QB. I am sure his inexperience and gunslinger tendency will cause frustration on occasion, but he seems to have the tools and command to overcome. You can just see something special in him when he is on the field. I don’t think anyone could claim that with Bray, Croyle, Cassel, Grbac, Huard, Stanzi, etc. etc. etc. let alone 75% of the rest of the QBs in the league.

I was more impressed with the throw aways and take what you can get throws i.e. dump offs to Sherman. He has a lot of tools to work with and couldn't have a better mastermind in Reid to innovate a playbook catered to his talents. He hardly threw picks in college. He can win a game when need be that's what we've been missing.

I was more impressed with the throw aways and take what you can get throws i.e. dump offs to Sherman. He has a lot of tools to work with and couldn't have a better mastermind in Reid to innovate a playbook catered to his talents. He hardly threw picks in college. He can win a game when need be that's what we've been missing.

Exactly right. Before that big arm and moxie can really help us, he’s got to first become adept at managing game and understanding good and bad risk on the fly. NFL defensive coordinators often have a field day goading inexperienced QBs into bad risk throws. Without the luxury of a good defense to lean on, Mahomes will simply have to be well ahead of typical learning curve for this team to be a playoff contender. There are some signs that he may be. But a lot of great QBa struggled early in their careers. Looks like we are asking him to not only not struggle, but even somewhat excel early. And there where Golic appears to be more than skeptical.

45]

Andrew PerloffVerified account @andrewperloff

45]

Sean Payton on @dpshow... DP: If Kansas City had taken Marshon Lattimore [at No. 10] .... SP: We would have taken [Patrick] Mahomes [at No. 11.]

Dorsey said he had to get ahead of saints, cards and texans if they wanted mahomes. Guess he was right.

• 8 months later...

Archived