Veach tried to trade up

They paid around chart value for 32. Not bad, considering they lock in a 5th year option.

Depends on which chart they're using. Some teams are shifting from the outdated JJ chart to propietary AV value charts which more properly value 2nd thru 4th round picks. AV chart says they way overpaid, but once again QB trumps common sense. Around 21 points (assuming top of 3rd value for the 2nd round pick) vs 12.5 pick value.

If the qb works out nobody will care they overpaid. And they got the 5th year option which is necessary considering how long that kid needs to sit.

Shit or not, it seems more in line with how trades are going earlier on in the draft.

The JJ is really bad for late round choices.

And mid round picks. And it greatly overvalues first round. Not surprising teams are starting to leave it behind.

Our D is another year away regardless, I'd like to keep PM upright and clean personally. One less thing for him to have to process his first year.

But ultimately it's BPA between CB, OL, and edge in my book.

Dl too. If you can get another stud like Chris Jones it will help because no way we keep Bailey next year the way he has been playing

But, but what about our needs on defense???

Which one is more important/critical?

A starter on the oline?

Or, a starter CB?

I'd be more than fine with a CB(Josh Jackson would be fine) but the more and more I think about Hernadez I like the idea of him.  Of course one could say with Pat's ability to move around the pocket this years OL should look better than last year under Alex.

Archived