Breeland Speaks, DE

Breeland Speaks*, DE, Ole Miss

Height: 6-3. Weight: 283. Arm: 33.75.

40 Time: 4.87.

Projected Round (2018): 2-4.

4/25/18: Speaks is strong at the point of attack and also has some speed with athleticism. He illustrated those attributes at the NFL Scouting Combine. Speaks is sleeper who could be one of the nice value picks from the 2018 NFL Draft. He could play end or grow into a defensive tackle in the NFL. Speaks finished the 2017 season in impressive fashion with a strong performance against Mississippi State. All night, Speaks was in the backfield, putting heat on the quarterback and playing the run well. Speaks recorded 67 tackles with eight tackles for a loss, seven sacks, one forced fumble and one pass batted in 2017. He could get second-day consideration in the 2018 NFL Draft as a base end for a 4-3 defense.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/breeland-speaks?id=32462018-0002-5600-13af-b3aba25676ae

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High Sparq score which shows Veach is sticking with the highly athletic formula Dorsey used. Moved to Defensive Emd the last six games and responded with six sacks in those games. Last game of college career he had 12 tackles, 1 sack and 1 forced fumbles in the Egg Bowl. He also got thrown out of the game for fighting. Seems like Baileys replacement who will get instant time as a pass rusher in sub packages.

What’s the consensus? Think traded up for the Iowa CB and the pack got him. Or do you think this was their guy?

What do guys think of this guy?

I think it’s clear Speaks was our guy. Or else we had both of them rated clearly higher than anyone else. That’s possible too. Question is does this mean Tanoh is an OLB.

Well I just realized that I fucked his name up in my final mock.

I like the pick, but felt they could have gor him one full round later. Don't understand the pants on fire desire to ve aggressive to get him.

I don't anticipate much time will be spent at OLB.

I feel we did not need to trade up to get him too. Any word on what we traded to move up?

I think it’s clear Speaks was our guy. Or else we had both of them rated clearly higher than anyone else. That’s possible too. Question is does this mean Tanoh is an OLB.

Kpass is definitely OLB. At least for this year. I think that has always been the plan for him.

Can he play day 1? 46th pick better be plug and play damn it

Many of these second rounders won’t be starting day one. I’m sure Speaks will get plenty of PT in sub package pass rushing situations initially. There’s a huge need and a ton of value with another pass rusher.

Don’t you think we should have gone after a guy who’s going to start if we move up like that?

I like the sarcasm though :-)

i don't see why starting really matters?  If he can play multiple positions and give us a threat of pass rush on the DL sign me up, this team needs all the pressure it can get.

It looks like he can move around the defense so it'll be interesting to see how KC uses him.

Archived