Draft grades. This guy doesn't like us.

Well that's Pete Prisco for you. He actually was ok with our picks but in general he's the biggest dumbass in sports coverage and has been for years. Keep in mind he also thinks the bills are killing it because they took josh allen, who is by far the worst of the qb prospects.

Baker Mayfield might actually be a genius IQ; Josh Allen and Prisco both share an IQ with Scooby Doo.

Well that's Pete Prisco for you. He actually was ok with our picks but in general he's the biggest dumbass in sports coverage and has been for years. Keep in mind he also thinks the bills are killing it because they took josh allen, who is by far the worst of the qb prospects.

Baker Mayfield might actually be a genius IQ; Josh Allen and Prisco both share an IQ with Scooby Doo.

Why you gotta slam Scooby like that?

Only thing that would concern me about this draft is we went more for need than simply BPA. That said this is probably why Veach was so aggressive. He talked about significant talent gaps on our draft board after the players we targeted. I’m kind of guessing that may mean big gaps on defensive players.

We seem to have gotten who we wanted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds which is important. Hughes looks like the guy at the end of round one who we clearly tried and failed to trade up and get.

Priscos opinion couldn’t be less relevant.

Only thing that would concern me about this draft is we went more for need than simply BPA. That said this is probably why Veach was so aggressive. He talked about significant talent gaps on our draft board after the players we targeted. I’m kind of guessing that may mean big gaps on defensive players.

We seem to have gotten who we wanted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds which is important. Hughes looks like the guy at the end of round one who we clearly tried and failed to trade up and get.

Priscos opinion couldn’t be less relevant.

I don't know, i thought hughes at first too, but considering what they drafted i agree with LF that Bryan was likely the target.

I don't know, i thought hughes at first too, but considering what they drafted i agree with LF that Bryan was likely the target.

I’ve read two different either tweets or comments from people who cover this team that suggested they could hardly contain how much they liked Hughes. But no doubt Bryan makes sense too. Could be a case where had either gotten to Philly, we make the trade.

I don’t see anything wrong with drafting for need. Veach attaches a weak spot full force. Half those guys should pan out.

I personally think you slightly asjust draft board for need but passing up a superior talent because you have a need is a dangerous way to operate. A position of perceived strength can become a weakness in the blink of an eye. It’s highly unlikely our draft board had defensive players as BPA in every round. So who are we passing on to fill needs? 2-3 years from now that can make a huge difference.

But again the way Veach aggressively targeted players in three different rounds suggests he minimized the gap between BPA and need. That’s important too in my opinion.

I personally think you slightly asjust draft board for need but passing up a superior talent because you have a need is a dangerous way to operate. A position of perceived strength can become a weakness in the blink of an eye. It’s highly unlikely our draft board had defensive players as BPA in every round. So who are we passing on to fill needs? 2-3 years from now that can make a huge difference.

But again the way Veach aggressively targeted players in three different rounds suggests he minimized the gap between BPA and need. That’s important too in my opinion.

I would see it differently if both sides of the ball were bad... but offense is gonna be elite again.

Attacked the defense. I would have liked to see a guard higher to protect the investment.

I would see it differently if both sides of the ball were bad... but offense is gonna be elite again.

Attacked the defense. I would have liked to see a guard higher to protect the investment.

Understand your point and all things being equal you are 100 percent right. Our offense has a lot of talent that’s also under contract for several more seasons. But if you grade a tight end, guard, or tackle for instance clearly better than a dline man and take the inferior player because of need, I just think it’s a mistake. Targeting our guys as we did though makes that somewhat negligible.

I like what Veach did. But had we made all these defensive picks without trading up and targeting them, I think it would have likely burned us.

Archived