Votes of confidence from the draft

My point is it didn’t take him long at all to adjust to OLB. His first season there he had a career high in sacks and tackles. His second year he led the AFC in sacks.

He also wasn't a rookie coming out of a shit college league.

He also wasn't a rookie coming out of a shit college league.

If the plan for Tanoh was really 2 years before he was useful, I'd say that's a huge reach in the 2nd round.  He'll have to be a pretty special player in 2019/2020 to justify 2 years on the shelf.  No matter where he played in college.

If the plan for Tanoh was really 2 years before he was useful, I'd say that's a huge reach in the 2nd round. He'll have to be a pretty special player in 2019/2020 to justify 2 years on the shelf. No matter where he played in college.

Probably a reach but we knew when drafting him that was the case. Doesn't mean he can't contribute just that he's not a finished prospect. Not many guys his size with his natural ability. That's why he got drafted that high.

Probably a reach but we knew when drafting him that was the case. Doesn't mean he can't contribute just that he's not a finished prospect. Not many guys his size with his natural ability. That's why he got drafted that high.

He needs to show clear tangible progress this season. I think we can agree on that. A regular in sub packages, impact player on special teams, something.

To be fair even our 1st overall pick took 2.5 years to actually contribute. Dorsey/Reid regime looked to be more focused on long term upside rather than short term performances. Peters might not even be an exception to that rule as he was also considered a long term investment and the short term success looks to be the bonus.

IMO any guy drafted in first 2 days of the draft must contribute from day one, otherwise it's a reach. Unless you are getting a decent rotational guy in his rookie year I don't think the scouting department is doing their job right. QB is obviously an exception to that rule as there's no rotation so it's a matter of starter vs backup. Hopefully KPass and the rest of the mid round picks will start contributing soon but I feel like we are spending more time waiting on guys than we should. 

Archived