DJ visiting Raiders

I actually find this to be another reason to be excited about our plan compared to our rivals. Sure we’ve signed guys like Amerson and Branch, but to me that’s different to me than signing future Chiefs ring of honor guys well past their prime. It’s like they can’t beat us now so let’s find out why first hand type deal. We are thinking Super Bowl not how do we beat the Raiders, Broncos or Chargers. Just feels like we are ahead of the game now to me anyway.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Former Chiefs’ standout LB Derrick Johnson is visiting today with...the Raiders, per source.

If the Chiefs can draft Reggie McKenzie’s son, the Raiders can sign one of KC’s favorites.

8:00 AM - May 3, 2018

they can have DJ and I wont blink an eye..it just shows another player that just cant see the reality that  they should hang it up before they get seriously hurt..and it will give The One Who Hates DJ another good reason to do so.

It would kill me to see DJ in a Raiders uniform. That having been said, the Raiders have a well documented history of signing FA mistakes. Some are saying this is just a tactical move to get Bowman to sign for less.

It doesn't bother when this type of thing happens.  You can't blame the player for taking millions of dollars from any team wanting to sign them.  Players think they can play and if a team agrees with them, hard to fault the player. 

Pretty much anyone the Chiefs have let go of since Reid got here in 2013 hasn't amounted to much with their new team.

Dude was awful last year. I was so relieved to hear when he got released. Chiefs legend no doubt, but the game doesnt slow down for anyone.

I don’t think he was awful in the second half of the season. Solid PFF grade. He made plays if they largely came to him. But if he had to chase or cover anyone, he was a true liability. No doubt I’m glad we released all the veterans we did. We are building for the next five years. Hanging on to veterans too long when you can pursue other options is a bad way to build a team.

Good signing for them. People bash DJ and he did have a down year. Every single returning starter had a down year our the defense so I wouldn't read too much into it. He is still solid and I wish him the best.

He did lead the team in solo tackles and sacks in the playoff game. He also led the LBs in tackles again. He was too expensive and not part of the future, but he is a good player by any measurement.

I don’t think he was awful in the second half of the season. Solid PFF grade. He made plays if they largely came to him. But if he had to chase or cover anyone, he was a true liability. No doubt I’m glad we released all the veterans we did. We are building for the next five years. Hanging on to veterans too long when you can pursue other options is a bad way to build a team.

Yeah Im surprised to hear you say this. His PFF grade was solid, but largely due to the fact that his grade in coverage was an 86.0. His grade against the run was a 39.9 which is beyond pathetic, and exactly what I saw on the field. No DJ of old diagnosing and blowing plays up in the backfield. The dude couldn't even seem to get to the right gap half the time.

I will always appreciate how good he was at his peak, but no one will convince me that he wasnt a liability last year and he certainly was not a good player.

Wouldn't like it but this happens a lot when someone cut gets looked at by a division rival. Makes sense as they know more about those players than teams outside the division.

Raiders had a horrible draft so this would be another bad move. Good for DJ, if he can squeeze out another payday i wouldn't blame him. Not like teams are knocking down his door and he's already said he wants to play a few more years.

Yeah Im surprised to hear you say this. His PFF grade was solid, but largely due to the fact that his grade in coverage was an 86.0. His grade against the run was a 39.9 which is beyond pathetic, and exactly what I saw on the field. No DJ of old diagnosing and blowing plays up in the backfield. The dude couldn't even seem to get to the right gap half the time.

I will always appreciate how good he was at his peak, but no one will convince me that he wasnt a liability last year and he certainly was not a good player.

He seemed to realize he couldn't run and we played so much zone the second half of the year it helped him. He could not run with anyone. But he did make a great play in the backfield of the playoff game which should have clinched it for us. That still resonates. And compared Tamba the last two years he was off the charts good. LOL... Again I had zero problem with releasing him.

Archived