Why are people not rooting for DJ.

Lead the team in tackles

Out 2014

He had a down year last year coming back from his second Achilles (which it is tough coming back from one) and he still lead the LBs in tackles just not the team. Where is the love for one of the greatest to ever put on a red helmet.

All time in tackles in Chiefs history. He had 71 tackles last year and was the only defensive player to put up a fight in the playoff loss last year. In fact he won the game but they said his sack and forced fumble for a TD going the other way didn’t count because of the QBs forward progress.

Lead the team in tackles

Out 2014

He had a down year last year coming back from his second Achilles (which it is tough coming back from one) and he still lead the LBs in tackles just not the team. Where is the love for one of the greatest to ever put on a red helmet.

All time in tackles in Chiefs history. He had 71 tackles last year and was the only defensive player to put up a fight in the playoff loss last year. In fact he won the game but they said his sack and forced fumble for a TD going the other way didn’t count because of the QBs forward progress.

I don't give a shit either way.

The Raiders aren't a real threat and the Chiefs were smart to not hang onto guys for too long, if it made sense.

He got paid and the team is on the upswing. Whatever.

A. He is no longer a Chief and the name on the back is not as important as that on the front.

B. He is playing for a rival specifically the Raiders.

When he retires I will root for anything he does because of what he did for the Chiefs but until then he is not a Chief.

Why all this talk of DJ he chose to go to our biggest rival like about all the other great Chiefs we've released and try to stick it to the Chiefs! So he's the enemy now and should be treated as such! Good riddance

Why all this talk of DJ he chose to go to our biggest rival like about all the other great Chiefs we've released and try to stick it to the Chiefs! So he's the enemy now and should be treated as such! Good riddance

Considering he still wants to play and they're the only team that called...

Lead the team in tackles

Out 2014

I’m not sure what your point is? We should have kept him? I feel like Veach clearly upgraded with an ascending not clearly declining player. DJ is the enemy now to me FOR NOW. He’s a lock ring of honor guy though.

I’m not sure what your point is? We should have kept him? I feel like Veach clearly upgraded with an ascending not clearly declining player. DJ is the enemy now to me FOR NOW. He’s a lock ring of honor guy though.

No. It was time to move on, just saying if you say he is not currently better than some starters in the league, my option is you would be wrong.

Granted not the same DJ last year, but he was like 8 months removed from tearing his second Achilles and led the LB group in tackles. At 35. Not too shabby for an old man. People talk about him like he was Hali last year. Rewatch the playoff game focusing on DJ and you will see a hell of a player fighting harder than anyone on the field.

Just throwing my 2 cents in. Maybe I am loyal to a fault.

Tackles isn't the greatest stat to determine greatness off of.

Donnie Edwards was a tackling machine, but was the king of waiting till after a multiyard gain to churn it up.

If I'm not mistaken DJ led the NFL in tackles behind the LOS for a couple years prior to his last injury. 

Archived