That should tell him something. A team that couldn't stop anyone cuts him and the only team to pick him up is another team that wasn't that good at stopping anyone.

Meh i don't blame him. If he wants to keep playing at his age he won't have the luxury of choosing a team.

No. It was time to move on, just saying if you say he is not currently better than some starters in the league, my option is you would be wrong.

Granted not the same DJ last year, but he was like 8 months removed from tearing his second Achilles and led the LB group in tackles. At 35. Not too shabby for an old man. People talk about him like he was Hali last year. Rewatch the playoff game focusing on DJ and you will see a hell of a player fighting harder than anyone on the field.

Just throwing my 2 cents in. Maybe I am loyal to a fault.

Actually just rewatched most of it on NFL Network. Gluten for punishment. DJ played ok. He had that huge play we got screwed on. But one thing I noticed I never had before is we were really starting to get gouged in the running game and in the second quarter. I thought it didn’t happen til second half. DJ was flat late to the gap several times and made a great read on what would have been an easy pick six. But he was just to slow to get there.

I’m sure he’s still better than some starters more based on intellect and experience. Skills are very mediocre and eroding. I’ll love the guy again when he retires. I’ve got no loyalty to players wearing opposing uniforms. Only the red and gold.

Still scratching my head on Bowman. I think DJ or Bowman would be a good one year bandaid.

For us? We already have 2 good starters and a promising dime backer. 1 starter is a 3 down guy and the other a thumper. I wouldn't invest anything else in the position unless we luck into the next luke kuechly.

I know. We don’t need a bandaid. Talking about other teams.

Gotcha. You were confusing me. Yeah he would be great for a young LB room. Andy offered him a coaching job again when he signed with the raiders so he may be back sooner rather than later.

Archived