T. Paylor confirms he was released.  Strange with how depleted our DL was to begin with. 

Maybe their banking on other cuts coming or have an eye on Hankins possibly.  Doubtful though.

T. Paylor confirms he was released.  Strange with how depleted our DL was to begin with. 

Maybe their banking on other cuts coming or have an eye on Hankins possibly.  Doubtful though.

It was a cap move.   Hard to justify 2 million for a backup I guess.  Just strange like you said with how thin our Dline is at the moment.  If we've learned anything from Veach is that he obviously has a plan.  I wouldn't be surprised at all with a Hankins move.  

It was a cap move.   Hard to justify 2 million for a backup I guess.  Just strange like you said with how thin our Dline is at the moment.  If we've learned anything from Veach is that he obviously has a plan.  I wouldn't be surprised at all with a Hankins move.  

We already had enough money to take care of the rookies and sign a vet or two if needed. Looks like Veach might have a specific target in mind that will cost more or some rookie turned out to be worse than expected and we need to find someone else in FA. Otherwise 2 million for DL rotation isn't really that high considering that fresh bodies in the mix are very critical. 

RNR was good. Maybe not 2 mill per year good though. Sorensen is probably going to be gone soon as well if O’Daniel can take his spot.

We are basically stuck with Sorensen for this year with his guarantees but I doubt he'll be on the roster for 2019 after last year's performance. 

We are basically stuck with Sorensen for this year with his guarantees but I doubt he'll be on the roster for 2019 after last year's performance.

I dont think thats true. I believe they can designate him as a post June 1st cut and get some relief on that dead money.

I dont think thats true. I believe they can designate him as a post June 1st cut and get some relief on that dead money.

If some youngster shows more promise than expected it's definitely possible. Not sure if the staff hates Sorensen as much as we do though. 

I don’t think releasing RNR makes us better. He wasn’t a world beater, but he was solid DL depth. I hope they have their eyes on a FA D-lineman that is a step up. Who is our depth at DL now? Is it Jenkins, Speaks or someone else?

I don’t think releasing RNR makes us better. He wasn’t a world beater, but he was solid DL depth. I hope they have their eyes on a FA D-lineman that is a step up. Who is our depth at DL now? Is it Jenkins, Speaks or someone else?

Good question. This is upsetting news

I would wager that Williams will be in the rotation at End more than the nose. Nnadi will probably be at the nose on first and second down, with Jones and Bailey. Williams and Jenkins will rotate in.

He wasn't a world beater, but it's not like we have any significant depth at any position on defense. I hope they at least tried to offer him a pay cut because there is some value in big bodies knowing our system. I don't see a defense that can afford a single injury to any position which is very concerning.

I would wager that Williams will be in the rotation at End more than the nose. Nnadi will probably be at the nose on first and second down, with Jones and Bailey. Williams and Jenkins will rotate in.

I agree with your assessment. However, I felt RNR outplayed Jenkins.....

I agree with your assessment. However, I felt RNR outplayed Jenkins.....

Jenkins is being paid 790k and RNR 1.9 Mil.   

24 tackles and .5 sack - RNR

10 tackles and 1 sack -Jenkins

14 tackles and a half less sack isn't worth 1.1 million imo.  

Jenkins is being paid 790k and RNR 1.9 Mil.   

24 tackles and .5 sack - RNR

10 tackles and 1 sack -Jenkins

14 tackles and a half less sack isn't worth 1.1 million imo.

It is if you are $1.1M under the cap by years end!

It is if you are $1.1M under the cap by years end!

RNR played 447 snaps

Jenkins played 224 snaps

Again this is a cap move because of below avg production.   I liked the guy but the reality is he didn't even flash like many on this board thought.  

RNR played 447 snaps

Jenkins played 224 snaps

Again this is a cap move because of below avg production.   I liked the guy but the reality is he didn't even flash like many on this board thought.  

I'm not saying the production was worth the $2M.....I'm saying that we better finish the year with less than $2M of cap because if not we should of kept RNR instead of just wasting the $2M.  See what I mean?  I wanna see what Veach does with the extra $2M before I judge the move.

Archived