They must be going after somebody.

The only reason I can think of. At this point we don't need any cap to sign the rookies and don't have anyone to resign soon. Not waiting for camp for such a move seems like an immediate need for cash which is generally means a trade or a free agent. 

I would love to see that. Just be 1st cut targeted?

It would make sense if its true and its for another DL guy.  Maybe Hankins?  But the guy signed a 3 year $27M contract just last year and is probably looking for that or more being he was cut because of scheme NOT play.

I'm not saying the production was worth the $2M.....I'm saying that we better finish the year with less than $2M of cap because if not we should of kept RNR instead of just wasting the $2M. See what I mean? I wanna see what Veach does with the extra $2M before I judge the move.

He could just carry it over to next years cap. That would be smart.

He could just carry it over to next years cap. That would be smart.

Generally I'd agree but I wanna say we are looking at having about $40+ million in cap space next season and I'd feel better about spending that $2M now........But if we wanna play the roll it over game, I'd just say that I'll wait till I see what Veach with that $2M next season before I judge the move haha

It'll be less than 40 by next year, depending on the amount of carryover.

Amerson has around a 650k per game roster bonus every single week he is active.

?  Isn't Amerson's contract only a year?  How would that effect 2019 cap?

I looked up his contract again and I remembered it incorrectly.

It's 625k total via active gameday roster bonuses and was originally thinking it was 625k per game day, Now with that said, if he plays like he did before injury, he will be able to gain 4 million in additional bonuses classified as unlikely to be earned (since 2017 was injury plagued and shortened for Amerson) and the Chiefs will be hit with an extra 4 million cap hit at the start of 2019.

It depends on if the bonuses are classified as likely to be earned, or unlikely to be earned.  That's why the cap figures get wacky before FA starts.

I'm not saying the production was worth the $2M.....I'm saying that we better finish the year with less than $2M of cap because if not we should of kept RNR instead of just wasting the $2M.  See what I mean?  I wanna see what Veach does with the extra $2M before I judge the move.

I understand your point but you do realize that cap money not spent in the previous year can be rolled over.  I would also like to have a couple million in the event a player we like or liked becomes available when teams cut players.  Also, w

e aren't in the position of having to spend cap money because we are over them minimum threshold so spending money just to spend money on what looks like a below avg defender isn't a great move.  I know we are thin on the Dline but how hard is it to find 40 tackles and .5 sack?  I'm just learning that this organization can be trusted unlike the Peterson/Pioli regimes.  Not that they are perfect but they obviously have plan.

Archived