Nfl.com Gil Brandt 'Chiefs most vulnerable'.

I guess we’ll find out now, won’t we? I’m not sure why many on this board are expecting Mahomes to come in and light the league up. Really, the most logical and objective expectation is that we do take a step back this year under Mahomes first year given everything that’s happened with this team. It may or may not happen, but I believe it’s the most likely outcome. Now 2019 is what I’m excited for. Then we should have lofty goals as long as PM2 pans out.

That's kind of a strawman arguement considering most on this board have tempered expectations. We had a whole thread on it. Most are expecting he'll take some lumps this year.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's kind of a strawman arguement considering most on this board have tempered expectations. We had a whole thread on it. Most are expecting he'll take some lumps this year.

Perhaps, but why then are people upset when Gil Brandt says we’re the most vulnerable division winner? Like I said, he may very well be right. But it shouldn’t even matter if we believe 2018 will be a year of acclimation for this entire team. We’re in a great spot to compete for SBs the next decade imo.

I guess we’ll find out now, won’t we? I’m not sure why many on this board are expecting Mahomes to come in and light the league up. Really, the most logical and objective expectation is that we do take a step back this year under Mahomes first year given everything that’s happened with this team. It may or may not happen, but I believe it’s the most likely outcome. Now 2019 is what I’m excited for. Then we should have lofty goals as long as PM2 pans out.

Agreed with you there, won't care about a stepback if we are still competitive and show flashes because we have a young team, especially with the young infusion into our defense.  2019 should be a monster for us...

The AFC West is not stable, it's anyone's division to take.

SD, Cry Me a Rivers will implode coming down the stretch when it's important to be stable.

Denver, still believes their D can carry a mediocre offense.

Chokeland, believes with Chucky they will automatically be the Division Champions.

KC, many of their fans believe that Mahomes will show more of what he did vs Denver last year versus what he did against the Longhorns in 2015.

With all that said, KC has won the division in back to back years so why couldn't they win it again.

I will say this, we won a lot of games with a mediocre Smith stat line and in spite of him at times. He did not turn it over though but with his best year ever last year we won 10 games.

If PM2 can take care of the ball and has learned from Smith, his work ethic and quick reads along with a year of seeing it all and having Reid.....why do we have to take a step back? The first 6 games are the hardest right now.

Get through that with 3 wins and a rookie Qb then the sky is the limit. Pm2 can out up those easy numbers beca use they will have to respect the long ball and this will open up those dump passes which we said anyone can do. I think we win 10 to 12. As long as we stay healthy and he continues to improve we will be a force.

We only won 10 games cause the defense was hot garbage just like the second half of the playoff loss, if we would of had a middle of the pack D we would have won 12 or 13 games

There was plenty of times in the losing stretch the offense sucked too. My point is we should not see to far of a drop off for Mahomes to out up stats per game like Smith did. Other than ints going up, I also think long completions and td's will too

Other teams are used to decades of the Chiefs being unable to catch up to win late in the game or add to a lead in the second half against a good defense.  They will be game planning against us under those assumptions, but the Chiefs will be a different sort of animal under Mahomes. Opposing defenses will often be in a state of panic.

Perhaps, but why then are people upset when Gil Brandt says we’re the most vulnerable division winner? Like I said, he may very well be right. But it shouldn’t even matter if we believe 2018 will be a year of acclimation for this entire team. We’re in a great spot to compete for SBs the next decade imo.

Because it's ok if we fans criticize the team but not ok for an outsider to do it. It's basic science!

Personally i think denver will surprise people. The qb may be mediocre but if they'd of had a mediocre qb last year they would have contended instead of picking 5th.

Hot take, but I disagree.  The Broncos were screwed because the running Offense was terrible and it would have been terrible even with a mediocre QB.

I like Freeman, but I'm not sure if I have a strong opinion of the Broncos rushing attack without Kubiak and his wizard shit designing it.

The main key will be the passing game and I'm looking at how far Thomas and Sanders slip this year, because their play will matter significantly with a weak Tight End situation.  Keenum had a high end Offense with a top end Offensive mind in Minnesota, along with perfect dome weather for many games.

This season feels like a 7-9 adventure, and will have many people in Pile High wondering if Elway massively fucked up by not drafting Josh Rosen.

We only won 10 games cause the defense was hot garbage just like the second half of the playoff loss, if we would of had a middle of the pack D we would have won 12 or 13 games

Chiefs defense gave up 19 points or less in 8 of the final 10 games leading up to division title clinching game in week 16. Same stretch offense scored 19 points or less four times. Defense was old last year and needed help for sure. But when things didn’t work for offense Alex Smith wasn’t good enough to raise level of play and overcome. And that’s exactly why we drafted Mahomes. And why we go from one of the older defenses, to one of the younger groups in 2018.

Archived