Who here is going to training camp?

Do you wear the bag at training camp?

No. I wore that bag the year we went 2-14 at the Chiefs-Bengals game. The fans were trying to get Pioli canned .... I think it was the 2nd game a group of fans paid to have a “Fire-Pioli” banner towed behind a plane over Arrowhead during the game.

No. I wore that bag the year we went 2-14 at the Chiefs-Bengals game. The fans were trying to get Pioli canned .... I think it was the 2nd game a group of fans paid to have a “Fire-Pioli” banner towed behind a plane over Arrowhead during the game.

Good times...

Oh wait, no they weren't.

Pioli can rot in hell!

Good times...

Oh wait, no they weren't.

Pioli can rot in hell!

I went to the game with my Dad from Seattle, my stepmom, my wife & kids. We were 1-9, we lost 28-6, and Brady Quinn went 9/14 for 95 yards.

They could not give away seats at Arrowhead at the time. I could not recall a time when Arrowhead was so lifeless.... and who could blame the fans? Pioli kept trotting out a shell-shocked Matt Cassell for 2 - 3 years at that point.

I went to the game with my Dad from Seattle, my stepmom, my wife & kids. We were 1-9, we lost 28-6, and Brady Quinn went 9/14 for 95 yards.

They could not give away seats at Arrowhead at the time. I could not recall a time when Arrowhead was so lifeless.... and who could blame the fans? Pioli kept trotting out a shell-shocked Matt Cassell for 2 - 3 years at that point.

When Andy Reid came in and immediately got rid of every QB on the roster it should have shamed Pioli into permanent exile.

I assume he meant Todd Haley.

Think I’m the only Haley guy here. He had the worst talent. I don’t care about his ego. I think he would have won with a few more pieces. He got a lot of people.

Think I’m the only Haley guy here. He had the worst talent. I don’t care about his ego. I think he would have won with a few more pieces. He got a lot of people.

Haley had some head coach attributes, but he's just to much of an emotional basketcase to have any sustained success. It's likely the reason he hasn't been hired by anyone again. His teams here were unbelievably inconsistent and got blown out way to much to believe he was any good here. The one decent season we had was when Charlie Weis called all the offensive plays until Haley and his relationship melted down late in 2010. And I think that's always going to be a problem for Haley.  

Plus he had a TON of talent on defense. And could run everything though Jamaal Charles in his prime on offense. 

I think he knows how to win, but he's just too much a shit wagon to be a long-term successful Head Coach.

When Andy Reid came in and immediately got rid of every QB on the roster it should have shamed Pioli into permanent exile.

He had to run to Atlanta to hopefully ride someone else's coattails to success.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I thought Haley had some potential. With two decent coordinators next to him he made the playoffs with a 2-win team. I think some of his later issues are due to Pioli's weird micromanagement approach. He's definitely one of the better offensive minds in the NFL but not sure if he's as good of a people person which is needed from a HC.

Archived