Louis Riddick: "Mahomes will set league on fire"

Funniest thing I have seen on NFL network in a long time is Dan Orlovsky being asked who he would like to mentor of all the young QBs and he said Patrick Mahomes. Dan Orlovsky? What did he ever do in the NFL to merit the role of mentor in the first place? And to top it off he said he wanted to teach Mahomes "how to play quarterback not just throw." I could have sworn PM just spent a year under the tutelage of one Alex Smith. A guy who has had a much better career than Dan Orlovsky. Not to mention some guy named Reid working with him. But hey...Danny boy has some cajones thinking he could show Mahomes anything beyond what he has gotten sitting behind Alex.

Regarding the Riddick video...you always like to hear positives about your players. But reality is there probably will be growing pains. I think Mahomes will make plays that are unimaginable...and he will make some mistakes. Regardless, he will be exciting to watch and if he is what we think he is, 2 years from now he will be discussed in the same breath as those top tiered QB's like Ryan, Stafford, Rogers...

We are all expecting Mahomes to be a rookie this year and learn the ropes in real games. However there was a lot of talk about our players on how Mahomes was doing incredible things in the practice so we might be in for a treat earlier than we expect. I still think we'll see quite a bit of mistakes but when he's not making them I think we are up for some great plays as well.

I think he will "set the league on fire" on some plays and make some young QB mistakes on other plays.  But he will dumbfound people on enough plays to make this season a hoot no matter what happens.  I think the press will understand what we have in Mahomes the very first game that he brings us back to win from a big hole late in the game.  We haven't seen a guy like that (who is ours) in decades. It will also become obvious what we have when the charts show his number of bad mistakes drop precipitously as the season moves on.

Funniest thing I have seen on NFL network in a long time is Dan Orlovsky being asked who he would like to mentor of all the young QBs and he said Patrick Mahomes. Dan Orlovsky? What did he ever do in the NFL to merit the role of mentor in the first place? And to top it off he said he wanted to teach Mahomes "how to play quarterback not just throw." I could have sworn PM just spent a year under the tutelage of one Alex Smith. A guy who has had a much better career than Dan Orlovsky. Not to mention some guy named Reid working with him. But hey...Danny boy has some cajones thinking he could show Mahomes anything beyond what he has gotten sitting behind Alex.

Regarding the Riddick video...you always like to hear positives about your players. But reality is there probably will be growing pains. I think Mahomes will make plays that are unimaginable...and he will make some mistakes. Regardless, he will be exciting to watch and if he is what we think he is, 2 years from now he will be discussed in the same breath as those top tiered QB's like Ryan, Stafford, Rogers...

I saw it too. Dan Orlovsky was a career backup who sucked at it. Funny stuff.

Minute one of his mentorship as he enters the field.

Dan O: First things first, I want to teach you...

Mahomes: I know, the endzone ends here.

Dan O: Looks like my job is done. Chalk one up to yet another successful mentorship.

15 years later: I made that man what he is today.

Minute one of his mentorship as he enters the field.

Dan O: First things first, I want to teach you...

Mahomes: I know, the endzone ends here.

Dan O: Looks like my job is done. Chalk one up to yet another successful mentorship.

15 years later: I made that man what he is today.

LOL, this is A+ work

Archived