Should KC Sign Incognito?

Free agent OG Richie Incognito informed the Bills he will not retire before they granted his release on Monday.

Some teams in the Bills' position wouldn't budge after feeling a player turned his back on them, but Buffalo quickly allowed Incognito to move on and begin engaging other teams. Although he's a short-term fix going on age 35, Incognito is plenty capable of helping a team at guard. The Ravens with ex-Bills OC Greg Roman make sense. The Bengals could also use another upgrade inside.
Related: Bills

I say yes. I still think this avg rated oline is overrated and is below avg.

Don't like him as a person but I would have liked to have signed him years ago.  He's a hard nosed very good OG and I would love to have him here for a year while Khalil develops.   I doubt we even speak with his agent though.

YES YES YES!!!!  I don't like the guy personally but damn we need his attitude on this team and even at 35 he has ranked in or near the top 10 at guard for years.  Give him a two year contract and a chance for a super bowl!

I would love to have the talent. But we need to find a young OG. And he is a douche. The line is not great, but a one year bandage in the middle of a rebuild doesn’t seem to fit what we are building. I do see the need to keep Pat clean and Hunt healthy this year so I would not be upset if they did it.

My gut says they don’t.

See what they have in TC first. If the LG is still unsettled there will be cuts to pick from. If they do not like the players now and where they should be at for development though, then sign him now and let them develop.

I would love to have the talent. But we need to find a young OG. And he is a douche. The line is not great, but a one year bandage in the middle of a rebuild doesn’t seem to fit what we are building. I do see the need to keep Pat clean and Hunt healthy this year so I would not be upset if they did it.

My gut says they don’t.

This line is AVG at best and one injury away from not great. No real depth. You spend 16 mill on a receiver. QB needs time. I do not see a downside on a one year prove it deal. 

I agree with you not likely they will.

That is a fair point. This is a young excited group talking about dynasty. I think you give them that chance and roll young. I agree that this line does not have a Pro Bowl guy anywhere and LG is the weakest of life no in that chain.

I just think that as a fan, if I think “what a douche bag”, how do you throw a ton of money at that guy, stick him in the locker room and not hurt the chemistry. Maybe I am over thinking it, but I would feel like you could get 2 or 3 young players for the same money. And say we are committed to building, not puttying over a hole for a little while. It feels like bondo and chicken wire over a rust hole to me.

That is a fair point. This is a young excited group talking about dynasty. I think you give them that chance and roll young. I agree that this line does not have a Pro Bowl guy anywhere and LG is the weakest of life no in that chain.

I just think that as a fan, if I think “what a douche bag”, how do you throw a ton of money at that guy, stick him in the locker room and not hurt the chemistry. Maybe I am over thinking it, but I would feel like you could get 2 or 3 young players for the same money. And say we are committed to building, not puttying over a hole for a little while. It feels like bondo and chicken wire over a rust hole to me.

Not sure this is big money for all the reasons you stated? The line KC has today will not get this team anywhere at anytime. Just not much talent there. Even 2019 this line will not be much better if at all. NO depth and little above avg talent other than Schwartz.. 

You make good points. For argument sake, what do think he would cost? Do you think he is a one year stop gap for a 2018 SB contender or a 2-3 year guy?

This guy has issues for sure. A one year deal is all I would offer. I doubt another team offers much either. He may walk out mid season and he may have a good year left. Who knows. Cheap incentive based deal. This guy may not prefer a super bowl team. High expectations seems too much for him. Can he play one solid year? Cheap deal and cut him if he is a problem. 

Sign the man, there is nothing ideal about our guard situation nor the depth in the OL in general. If he can help keep PM clean for a year as a stop gap then it's worth the risk. My guess is he signs with the pats though...Patriot kind of move.

Rated #12 last year...

If I'm not mistaken he was ranked similar to Fulton in most reports which I never considered to be good enough and at his age doomed to get worse in 2018. He's still an upgrade over Weitzman but Ehinger might be just as good with a full offseason under his belt after the injury. 

I agree with LF on this. How can you get rid of a talent like Peters only to bring in a guy like Incognito.

While the line can be better it's also not bad either. That line allowed us to be 5th in yds and 6th in points. Alex also had a career year in passing and Hunt was the leagues rushing leader as a rookie. PFF had KCs line rated at 9 in pass protection and 12 in run blocking.

If Mahomes is what we think he is he will make the line look better as well. Morse coming back from injury will help as in 2017 he was rated the # 5 center in pass protection.

If Andy can keep teams off balance with his play calling the line will look pretty good.

Yep. We are building but not a retirement home for assholes.

OK I was so wrong!

Free agent OG Richie Incognito was involved in an altercation at a Florida gym on Wednesday and is being held by police for an involuntary psychiatric evaluation.

It's called the Baker Act, which is an involuntary mental evaluation. Incognito allegedly threw a dumbbell at another man in a Boca Raton gym this morning "for no apparent reason" after first throwing a tennis ball at the gym-goer. Incognito was allegedly "rambling about the government and screaming at the other man to 'get off my f*cking playground'." This is the second time Incognito has been held under the Baker Act, with the first coming in 2014. Incognito is a free agent after being released by the Bills this week. He had planned to continue his career.

Source: TMZ Sports

Archived