Harris Suspended

He has some fascinating athletic ability, but has not been able to put it into practical use on the field. I think his time with the Chiefs is probably nearing its end. If he makes it through cuts this might be his last go-around with this squad.

Yes, he drops too many passes, but blocks reasonably well(not from 3pt stance,but in trip bunches or special teams.)

Sounds like he'd be fine as a #3 TE. Not a waste of a roster spot.

2.3 million seems like a lot of money for a 3rd TE that can't catch.

2.3 million seems like a lot of money for a 3rd TE that can't catch.

I think this is why you saw so many other signings like Amaro etc. Competition and if he does not show it, we will cut bait and use it on other areas of needs.

Yes, he drops too many passes, but blocks reasonably well(not from 3pt stance,but in trip bunches or special teams.)

Sounds like he'd be fine as a #3 TE. Not a waste of a roster spot.

His drops are maddening.  I wanted the guy gone two years ago.  But the more I watched him, the more it became obvious that his drops were due to his basketball background.  When he stops and waits for a pass, his hands are too far apart, as if he is still programmed to catch a basketball.  But when he is leaping and extending himself to catch a pass away from his body, his hands are great.  If Mahomes learns to lead him so that he is reaching for the ball, he could surprise everyone.

His drops are maddening. I wanted the guy gone two years ago. But the more I watched him, the more it became obvious that his drops were due to his basketball background. When he stops and waits for a pass, his hands are too far apart, as if he is still programmed to catch a basketball. But when he is leaping and extending himself to catch a pass away from his body, his hands are great. If Mahomes learns to lead him so that he is reaching for the ball, he could surprise everyone.

If it weren't for the holding call in the Steelers playoff game, his 2 PT conversion would have been big for our memories of him (assuming we ended up forcing OT and winning). Of course, in overtime, he could've batted the ball to be intercepted, too.

Smart move by Veach all around. Get some camp bodies that can push him and if he doesn’t respond with some major progress you cut bait. If we cut RNR for an equal savings he has to know it’s now or never. I do like the fact Veach is giving him at least a camp with mahomes to see if that will help any.

That big catch against the Broncos is the only time I saw him look like a weapon and that was with Mahomes throwing it to him. And being suspended for a mere week is very telling. Just decriminalize that stuff already. The medical benefits alone are pretty well documented. Just tax the hell out of it.

Archived