Arrowheadpride. Chiefs consider moving OLB'ers around.

That is interesting. I like Houston on the strong side to contain the run, but if we have nothing on the right then you have to do it. I think switching him around after the O lines up would force some audibles and get him more sacks.

Problem is Dee is a pretty good pass rusher from that side but terrible against the run. Come in Speaks or Kpass. We need another guy that can do both.

The only way this would help is if the non-Houson OLB playing on the strong side can actually drop back to coverage. Otherwise we'll simply be lining Houston on the weak side on obvious passing downs when it doesn't really make as much sense. 

The only way this would help is if the non-Houson OLB playing on the strong side can actually drop back to coverage. Otherwise we'll simply be lining Houston on the weak side on obvious passing downs when it doesn't really make as much sense. 

I would like to see the OLB covering players less, so I think this will be less of an issue with a more aggressive style of defense. I think the ILB's might have more responsibility in picking up coverage. Also, that player the Chiefs drafted that is a hybrid LB/S might be a good fit for packages in this aggressive defense. Just food for thought.

Archived