Adonis Alexander

If these guys can fit in now then put in for them. We know we have to get some next year and having a year to develop them and on the team now seems worth a 3rd to 6th or whatever they deem for them. We need S and CB depth and competition.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryant looks like a freak with those numbers. If everything is there mentally I wouldn't mind pursuing him. Could be a low risk high reward guy. 

I don't expect Sam Beal to make it but if he does some team will jump in with a 2nd IMO.

What a bad statement?  So your saying if someone came up to Reid/Veach and said "You can have this player a year early but give up next years draft pick vs have to wait till next year to get that player on the team"  you think they wouldn't LOVE to have the player now?

I'd be hesitant to rely on someone that can't keep up with a 'football' classload to quickly catch up on the playbook and be ready to go.

That's one less roster spot for a guy that knows the book and one less year on a premier rookie contract. It makes a difference.

I'd be hesitant to rely on someone that can't keep up with a 'football' classload to quickly catch up on the playbook and be ready to go.

That's one less roster spot for a guy that knows the book and one less year on a premier rookie contract. It makes a difference.

they may not be ready playbook wise at the start but they would help the team on the back end of the season when others are injured or wearing down...

I say take a shot at Alexander or Beal and if they get one of them fine, if not then we cannot say they didn't try

they may not be ready playbook wise at the start but they would help the team on the back end of the season when others are injured or wearing down...

I say take a shot at Alexander or Beal and if they get one of them fine, if not then we cannot say they didn't try

I'd gamble a 3rd on Beal because I thought he was a 1st round talent in next years draft. That's the definition of buying low with great value.

2019 is looking like a more top heavy class vs the last few drafts, so I'd be hesitant to part with a 1 or a 2.

Not real pressed (heh) to spend a lot of draft capital to find help in a supplemental draft.  Teams are less willing to commit longterm to corners, so I think this a spot you can definitely fill in FA if you have the cash.

I agree. I would spend a third on beal. I would probably spend a 2nd except I'm not a fan of spending over a 3rd in the supplemental draft.

Well we do have an extra 2 and a super aggressive GM. And this happens to be a position where we may still be thin. I'm not gonna be that surprised if Veach makes a move here.

• 2 weeks later...

The Chiefs worked Alexander out privately within the past few days.  Jets, Saints and Colts also worked him out:

https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/1009486319867908097

Wow this came out of nowhere, so I guess we are really interested in the guy. If they make an offer I'm guessing they believe he's ready to contribute from day one. 

Gil Brandt

@Gil_Brandt

Official pro day numbers for @WMU_Football CB Sam Beal:

Height: 6-0 7/8

Weight: 178 (187 in spring)

40: 4.47/4.55

Vertical: 37

Broad: 10-6

Short shuttle: 4.09

3-cone: 7.11

Bench: DNP

Had very good workout. Expected to be highest sup draft pick since Josh Gordon in 2012.

Archived