Smith will definitely be in the top 20. How could he not be?

Agree about Schwartz, (another) underrated player. That position was a trouble spot for years until he signed.

They already said that Smith didn’t make the cut.

Meh. Another list compiled by asking players to vote.

I've heard enough "If you vote for me, I'll vote for you" stories from NFL players to take these lists for what they are - something to sell copy.

I heard Gonzo in an interview, a while back, when they were talking about this list. He said if they are getting inputs from players, nobody has ever spoken to me (something aling those lines). Basically it's a made up list and they ask people their opinions after the fact. They say it's for the year we're in but rarely do they get it right. They always put the normal cast of characters at the top and fill in from there.

The QB with the #1 QBR didn't make the top 100 players? Lol, whatever.

Exactly. 13 year starter, 2nd or 3rd in wins over the past 6 years but career 3rd stringer Case Keenum is 51?

Exactly. 13 year starter, 2nd or 3rd in wins over the past 6 years but career 3rd stringer Case Keenum is 51?

Smith's 13 years and Keenum's 3rd string career should mean absolutely nothing for this list. It should be based solely on how they performed in 2017. That said, Smith should have been on this list. Smith performed (dare I say) at an elite level for the first time in his career and didn't make the top 100.

And to Burpo. I've never heard this before. Not saying it probably doesn't happen, but do you honestly think that this happens so rampant that it would greatly skew results? I could see it happening for a few players, but it would take one hell of a collaborated effort by multiple players to agree on votes for several players to get any real change in results, especially if as someone else stated about Gonzo that he never received an opportunity to vote. How do you collaborate votes if you don't know who got the invite to vote? Also, players don't get anything by being voted top 100, so what's the motive for collaborating votes? 

Conspiracy theories have more juice than this statement.

Burpo The Mad Clown

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

Meh. Another list compiled by asking players to vote.

I've heard enough "If you vote for me, I'll vote for you" stories from NFL players to take these lists for what they are - something to sell copy.

It's supposed to be a yearly thing but I'm pretty sure it's not in reality. Smith's career definitely has major role in him being left out and some other QB with a great career would probably have a high spot on the list with Smith's 2017 performance. 

Archived