Hunt, Hill, Watkins

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember a few years ago when we didn’t have wr with a TD? We're a long way from that.

Aside from the elite talents of hill and Watkins, I think it’s reasonable to expect any one of Conley/DRob/DAT to be capable of a 50 catch season. Not saying any one will get that many opportunities but each could be this years Albert Wilson.

And I totally dig Chesson too. He plays hard, a tenacious downfield blocker. Can make tough grabs, too. Good depth at the WR position.

What i think everyone is missing here is that Hunt is a receiver as well.  So you don't have to open holes for him, just throw it to him out of the backfield.  With the threats of hill, watkins and Kelce, every team is going to have to commit so much attention to them, that running the ball should be fairly easy to get holes.  it is exciting to think about.

count on one of them to get injured and and one to go through a slump..Watkins has really yet to prove himself and could end up being just another JMac.

Or we could be like a DV offense and lose  51-52

you'll excuse me if I hold off getting excited sometime mid season

I'll second OT.  Same ol shit leading up to the season with the same ol results at the end.

I'll second OT.  Same ol shit leading up to the season with the same ol results at the end.

Isn't that the case for 31 teams every season? Why not have some hope and excitement? Especially when your old and it might be your only excitement...hahahaha.  :P

Isn't that the case for 31 teams every season? Why not have some hope and excitement? Especially when your old and it might be your only excitement...hahahaha.  :P

well you have not been taken for a ride multiple seasons  and buying Season tickets. I know KC4Life had them for many years and we had them for over 40.. you'll have to excuse us  as we try to over come our Battered Wife Syndrome .

We get our excitement in other ways ..Killing and eating stuff

well you have not been taken for a ride multiple seasons  and buying Season tickets. I know KC4Life had them for many years and we had them for over 40.. you'll have to excuse us  as we try to over come our Battered Wife Syndrome .

This would have been year 20 for season tickets.  Titans game was the last straw, Season ticket holder no more.  I'm sure they will host the AFC championship game this year.  So you all can thank me later.

well you have not been taken for a ride multiple seasons and buying Season tickets. I know KC4Life had them for many years and we had them for over 40.. you'll have to excuse us as we try to over come our Battered Wife Syndrome .

As long as you aren't killing and eating people get your excitement where you can.

Don't forget good whiskey.  It's a must.

This would have been year 20 for season tickets.  Titans game was the last straw, Season ticket holder no more.  I'm sure they will host the AFC championship game this year.  So you all can thank me later.

Ive attended every Chiefs home game since 1990 so I've been through every ringer possible (not to mention a ton of great tailgates and great games as well). And what we are doing now is nothing like anything we've done the last three decades. Developing a legit talent at QB who we drafted with a head coach who has a proven ability to develop them is completely uncharted territory for this organization. Not sure why any fan wouldn't be excited by this. 

Ive attended every Chiefs home game since 1990 so I've been through every ringer possible (not to mention a ton of great tailgates and great games as well). And what we are doing now is nothing like anything we've done the last three decades. Developing a legit talent at QB who we drafted with a head coach who has a proven ability to develop them is completely uncharted territory for this organization. Not sure why any fan wouldn't be excited by this.

Because it will now come back on Reid as a coach who has his limits. It is always something with fans. I agree this is all new territory and I am excited, I do hope Reid will relent or learn on certain areas like time management coach etc.

Because we’ve been conditioned for disappointment. 30 years of heartbreak will do that to a fan.

Because it will now come back on Reid as a coach who has his limits. It is always something with fans. I agree this is all new territory and I am excited, I do hope Reid will relent or learn on certain areas like time management coach etc.

The last legit QB Reid drafted and developed helped Andy win 9 playoff games in Philly and got them to a Super Bowl. The QB he’s got now is even more talented. There are zero guarantees here but when we traded away Alex we quit settling. And that’s why there’s so much excitement and buzz in KC about this team. It’s really not even about this year as much as it is the entirety of what is possible.

Because we’ve been conditioned for disappointment. 30 years of heartbreak will do that to a fan.

That’s just drama to me. This team has 20 winning seasons in those 30 years and about 16 playoff berths. Where we fail is January and it’s because we had the same pattern with the games most important position in every single one of those. No more. That’s why there’s such a buzz around this team now despite coming off a horrific playoff loss. The status quo at Arrowhead is over. A lot of those veteran players behind the losses are gone. For better or worse it’s a different era where I expect some pitfalls early but I think everyone can agree a QB with an elite ceiling gives this franchise an elite ceiling. Just gotta see how it plays out.

Just for me, i was starting to get very meh again, much like the gunther and pioli eras, until they drafted mahomes. Andy could have settled for more Alex and more losses like the Pittsburgh playoff game (which, btw, was where Alex lost me), that certainly would have allowed him to keep his job, but he didn't. This far into his career and he went all in with a qb most NFL people were sleeping on. That takes balls. Big brass balls.

Hell of a coach. I like that he didn’t take another 2 winning seasons and ride off into the sunset waiting for his induction. It does take balls and a desire to go all the way to do what he did. Glad for that. Enough solid but unspectacular retreads. This kid will be home grown for better or worse.

Hell of a coach. I like that he didn’t take another 2 winning seasons and ride off into the sunset waiting for his induction. It does take balls and a desire to go all the way to do what he did. Glad for that. Enough solid but unspectacular retreads. This kid will be home grown for better or worse.

Word

Just for me, i was starting to get very meh again, much like the gunther and pioli eras, until they drafted mahomes. Andy could have settled for more Alex and more losses like the Pittsburgh playoff game (which, btw, was where Alex lost me), that certainly would have allowed him to keep his job, but he didn't. This far into his career and he went all in with a qb most NFL people were sleeping on. That takes balls. Big brass balls.

Great post. I agree with all of this.

As usual it's all fluff and talk. I'm just not getting ahead of myself at this point in time. And really along with the continual chiefs disappointment my priorities have shifted. So the chiefs have fell on the list a bit. Just not as wrapped up in it like in the past.

Archived