Interesting contract years for some receivers

Both Conley and DAT have big seasons coming up.  Al Wilson took basically the same career to a 24-million dollar paycheck in Miami.  

Can you imagine what the Chiefs can do if the line gives Mahomes time?  You've got 2 elite talents at receiver, the best tight end in football, and the NFL's leading rusher.  The Chiefs are going to run a lot of spread concepts and the ball will be all over the field.  Both Conley and DAT are going to be scrapping for opportunities this year -- and both are capable of having a big season.

Man I can't wait.  I haven't been this excited for a season to start since I was a kid.

Both Conley and DAT have big seasons coming up.  Al Wilson took basically the same career to a 24-million dollar paycheck in Miami.  

Can you imagine what the Chiefs can do if the line gives Mahomes time?  You've got 2 elite talents at receiver, the best tight end in football, and the NFL's leading rusher.  The Chiefs are going to run a lot of spread concepts and the ball will be all over the field.  Both Conley and DAT are going to be scrapping for opportunities this year -- and both are capable of having a big season.

Man I can't wait.  I haven't been this excited for a season to start since I was a kid.

DAT will barely see the field, aside from special teams.

I think I give Robinson and Chesson more looks than Conley just because Conley is gone after this year. I would build the chemistry with Mahomes and the younger guys.

I am sure Conley and DAT will get their snaps, I just don’t see them in the plans for the future.

I think I give Robinson and Chesson more looks than Conley just because Conley is gone after this year. I would build the chemistry with Mahomes and the younger guys.

I am sure Conley and DAT will get their snaps, I just don’t see them in the plans for the future.

Had not thought of it that way. If production is similar then yeah I could see those younger guys getting the nod. If Conley plays well he could easily be priced out of range. But I would find it hard to believe that would keep him from being the #3 if he is better.

Totally agree that neither are in the Chiefs future. All the more pressure on them to have big years.

Conley made some very clutch & difficult catches before getting hurt. Should see lots of opportunities this year. Offense can substitute and rest during the game. Depth for injuries at receiver and RB. No reason to play anyone too banged up.

Conley made some very clutch & difficult catches before getting hurt. Should see lots of opportunities this year. Offense can substitute and rest during the game. Depth for injuries at receiver and RB. No reason to play anyone too banged up.

Yeah, he’s become a pretty reliable target. I think he’s a good player who just hasn’t gotten a ton of opportunities — although it felt that way with Georgia too (I live in atl and watched him several times).

And I really believe DAT has some moments left in him —but there’s also going to be a push from the bottom of the roster too... chesson and drob are pretty much locks, how about kemp? Pringle? Dieter? Some interesting players angling for a spot.

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly DAT is the 2nd oldest WR on the roster behind Conley. Considering that we didn't give him anything significant I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the odd man out. Hill - Watkins - Conley - Robinson seem to be locks and they are high on Chesson so if another youngster steps up there won't be a roster spot for DAT. 

I think Conley's contract year is a bigger deal as there's a lot of potential there with great physical ability and Mahomes can make good use of him.

DAT will barely see the field, aside from special teams.

You don't really know that.  It assumes that all of our receivers remain perfectly healthy, which is a near impossibility. DAT would be great in the slot and could be used in all kinds of creative ways.

You don't really know that.  It assumes that all of our receivers remain perfectly healthy, which is a near impossibility. DAT would be great in the slot and could be used in all kinds of creative ways.

your right he could be the fastest water boy in the NFL thats about the only time I' want to see him on the field.

lol remember when we drafted tyreek after the anger subsided the big worry was we drafted another DAT. Heard that one a lot. That means the first DAT sucked. It hasn't gotten better. I mean it's great that he's an elite gunner, but that's not what we drafted him for.

You don't really know that. It assumes that all of our receivers remain perfectly healthy, which is a near impossibility. DAT would be great in the slot and could be used in all kinds of creative ways.

He has shown so much so far.

He is really creative when he is returning the ball to the 5 yard line on kickoffs.

lol remember when we drafted tyreek after the anger subsided the big worry was we drafted another DAT. Heard that one a lot. That means the first DAT sucked. It hasn't gotten better. I mean it's great that he's an elite gunner, but that's not what we drafted him for.

Is he the first DAT or the second McCluster? With injuries he could make the team, but I can’t see enough injuries to land him m at the starting slot guy. He needs to really impress on ST or I just don’t see a spot for him. Of course barring injuries.

Is he the first DAT or the second McCluster? With injuries he could make the team, but I can’t see enough injuries to land him m at the starting slot guy. He needs to really impress on ST or I just don’t see a spot for him. Of course barring injuries.

lol mccluster. I had blocked that out.

Archived