RE-Visiting the Watkins Signing

15 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Most likely because the Chiefs haven't done crap in the last 50 years.....

1 playoff win? C'mon, the loss to the Colts was pretty embarrassing....especially with a big lead.

I would rather not make it, increase the draft position and get a good player or trade value than go one and done...

It's not an exact science. Keep in mind that Flacco won the SB as the underdogs. Eli Manning and the Giants beat the Pats in a relatively lucky game during the 18-0 run. The first step is t make the playoffs, after that you never know who'll win. I could understand a terrible team tanking for a better draft position but during the regular season there's no such goal as the SB the only goal is to make the playoffs. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17 hours ago, tges58 said:

So you would rather sit home in the playoffs and hope to get a draft pick thay works out? Kind of gutless if you ask me. I guess that's what happens when your team is swirling around the basin.

By the way, how are those draft picks you got sitting home the last five years treating you? Think the pidgeons will make the playoffs this year? It's been a while, hasn't it?

Every year on this site, for the past 15 bleepin years, some idiot has posted a thread about "tanking" for the playoffs and you want to bust my chops? Fine.

1 playoff win since 1995- that is absolute crap and you know it.I will take my teams post season success over yours any day of the week:

All-Time Playoffs: 23 Games, 15-8
Wild Card Round: 8 Games, 7-1
Divisional Round: 9 Games, 4-5
Conference Championship: 4 Games, 2-2
Super Bowl: 2 Games, 2-0

Call it "swirling around the basin" or whatever but there has been more success in Baltimore than in KC. You are just so jealous!

Versus this!

Playoff Record Summary

All-Time Playoffs: 27 Games, 9-18
Wild Card Round: 11 Games, 3-8
Divisional Round: 10 Games, 2-8
Conference Championship: 3 Games, 2-1
Super Bowl: 2 Games, 1-1
Championship (pre-1966): 1 Games, 1-0

We can argue draft picks in the offseason.

9 hours ago, sith13 said:

It's not an exact science. Keep in mind that Flacco won the SB as the underdogs. Eli Manning and the Giants beat the Pats in a relatively lucky game during the 18-0 run. The first step is t make the playoffs, after that you never know who'll win. I could understand a terrible team tanking for a better draft position but during the regular season there's no such goal as the SB the only goal is to make the playoffs. 

Always is- didn't say I wanted to tank, I said sometimes I'd rather they didn't make it. Therefore the team sees the need for change, not just "if we had that one guy" or "if we make this and that play call".....and they keep going with the same old crap.

Reid did it- traded Alex and let Mahomie start- so far not bad

Ravens did it by dumping the WR's and singing three new ones- all three had a TD catch in their 1st game

On 8/30/2018 at 5:29 PM, Mloe68 said:

This league is dominated by teams with the elite QBs with the other QBs who simply got hot for three games like Flacco or Foles throwing in the occasional spoiler. Paying an emormous contract for one hot run at the right time is a mistake thats been made before. Ask the Raiders about Larry Brown. 

That said I don't think the Goodell era has given the league many good ideas, but a CBA which at least demands you prove your skills somewhat in the this league before being paid is one of those. As is not giving service time to players holding out. 

Only 3 active QB's have multiple SB victories- Brady, Ben and Eli. Is Eli "elite"? Is Ben? Heck Mr Elite, Matty Ryan lost a SB....Stafford has never made the playoffs....

Stop the elite crap

2 hours ago, West said:

Its a Chiefs message board Hands....

We have no illusion that KC is in the top 5 for the most disappointing franchises of all time but don't expect us to compliment the Ravens.

Get over it....

w

Never asked for the compliment- recognition of facts .....

You will get over it

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Every year on this site, for the past 15 bleepin years, some idiot has posted a thread about "tanking" for the playoffs and you want to bust my chops? Fine.

1 playoff win since 1995- that is absolute crap and you know it.I will take my teams post season success over yours any day of the week:

Call it "swirling around the basin" or whatever but there has been more success in Baltimore than in KC. You are just so jealous!

Versus this!

Playoff Record Summary

Jealous of what, one playoff appearance in five years? Whatever helps you sleep at night.

By the way, what does this have to do with you being a hypocrite?

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

How awesomely sophmoric of you two.....moved you up to the Jameis Winston level of clownery

Sophomoric? You mean like you trolling another teams message board for over a decade?

And you can't even spell sophomoric.

First off, you can't spell Elite without Eli.  Second, Ben is elite. 

Since 1988, there have been 30 Super Bowl Winning Quarterbacks.

Here's the ones I would consider elite QB's

1. Joe Montana--2
  2. Troy Aikman--3
  3. Steve Young
  4. Tom Brady--5
  5. John Elway--2
  6. Drew Brees
  7. Aaron Rodgers
  8. Brett Favre
  9. Ben Roethlisberger--2
  10. Peyton Manning--2

That's 20 out of 30 that were won by what I'd call elite.  I guess you disagree with Ben, but the rest is pretty much not disputable. That's almost 70 percent.

Ones I'd say were pretty good, but maybe short of elite:

1. Eli Manning--2
  2. Russell WIlson
  3. Kurt Warner (You could consider him elite for the time period he won the super bowl)

Average to below:

1. Foles
  2. Hostetler
  3. Johnson
  4. Rypien

Dog Shit:

1. Flacco
  2. Dilfer

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

1. Joe Montana--2
  2. Troy Aikman--3
  3. Steve Young
  4. Tom Brady--5
  5. John Elway--2
  6. Drew Brees
  7. Aaron Rodgers
  8. Brett Favre
  9. Ben Roethlisberger--2
  10. Peyton Manning--2

That's 20 out of 30 that were won by what I'd call elite.  I guess you disagree with Ben, but the rest is pretty much not disputable. That's almost 70 percent.

1. Eli Manning--2
  2. Russell WIlson
  3. Kurt Warner (You could consider him elite for the time period he won the super bowl)

Average to below:

1. Foles
  2. Hostetler
  3. Johnson
  4. Rypien

Dog Shit:

1. Flacco
  2. Dilfer

Didn’t Joe win 4??

2 minutes ago, tges58 said:

Sophomoric? You mean like you trolling another teams message board for over a decade?

And you can't even spell sophomoric.

LOl- get your facts straight- 15 years of magnificent trolling....its pretty easy too.....

Spelling police! Sorry, the phone did and that's my story.

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

1. Joe Montana--2
  2. Troy Aikman--3
  3. Steve Young
  4. Tom Brady--5
  5. John Elway--2
  6. Drew Brees
  7. Aaron Rodgers
  8. Brett Favre
  9. Ben Roethlisberger--2
  10. Peyton Manning--2

1. Eli Manning--2
  2. Russell WIlson

Average to below:

1. Foles
  2. Hostetler
  3. Johnson
  4. Rypien

Dog Shit:

1. Flacco
  2. Dilfer

I wouldn't go back that far because of all the rule changes.

And your list sucks. IMO. No offense. If Young, Favre, Brees, Rogers, Wilson, Warner were all elite, why only 1 SB win for each.......?

16 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

LOl- get your facts straight- 15 years of magnificent trolling....its pretty easy too.....

Spelling police! Sorry, the phone did and that's my story.

Uh fifteen years is over a decade. Your math is as bad as your spelling.

Magnificent trolling? That's known as an oxymoron.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

1. Joe Montana--2
  2. Troy Aikman--3
  3. Steve Young
  4. Tom Brady--5
  5. John Elway--2 
  6. Drew Brees
  7. Aaron Rodgers
  8. Brett Favre
  9. Ben Roethlisberger--2
  10. Peyton Manning--2

1. Eli Manning--2
  2. Russell WIlson

Average to below:

1. Foles
  2. Hostetler
  3. Johnson
  4. Rypien

Dog Shit:

1. Flacco
  2. Dilfer

Nice work RB...my take 

1. Tom Brady - Most titles, he's my #1
  2. John Elway - Won Super Bowl with great teams, carried not great teams to the Super Bowl
  3. Troy Aikman - Really should have won 4 straight
  4. Aaron Rodgers - maybe he's got 2-3 if they would have played him earlier. I think he rivals Montana and Brady
  5. P Manning - carried to his second Super Bowl but he's all time passing leader
  6. D Brees - wasted time in SD hurts him
  7. K Warner - just absolutely dominant for a short stretch
  8. R Wilson - Play call only thing keeping him from two
  9. B Roethlisberger - always had a complete team around him, but he delivered when they needed him
  10. S Young - If it wasn't for Cowboys turnovers he wouldn't have one but since he's in HOF

1. Russell Wilson - Play call is only thing keeping him from two. Could ultimately end up halfway up on the top tier 
  2. Eli Manning - Beat the GOAT and won 2. Inconsistency knocked him out of elite. 

Average to below:

1. Flacco - The guy fit the mold of these types getting hot at the exact right time. But he's a legit starter unlike some on this list
  2. Johnson - See above. He didn't have to even get hot to win his one. But he had a legit career
  3. Foles - See above. 
  4. Hostetler - See above.   I think Foles pans out as better overall starter, but these are average QBs

Dog Shit:

1. Rypien - shitty QB carried by running game/defense
  2. Dilfer - was so much dog shit they went out and gave Elvis Grbac a huge contract

You eliminated Favre. 

Lots of guys would have won more.  Except they were beat by other elite QB's. 

Montana beat Elway.

Aikman beat Kelly twice.  And Kelly would be considered elite.  He went to 4 straight.

Elway beat Favre

Brady beat Warner

Brees beat Manning

Rodgers beat Roethlisberger

Brady beat Ryan.

It's not like it's just 50/50 whether the super bowl quarterback is going to be Tom Brady or Trevor Siemian.  They obviously aren't all "elite".  But it's no accident that Brady, Manning, Elway etc. get there a lot.   

6 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Versus this!

Playoff Record Summary

You know as good as anyone it's all about what have you done lately. If it's about history the Browns have done more than the Ravens.

Don't try to combine the two because the Ravens had to leave the history in Cleveland. 

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

How awesomely sophmoric of you two.....moved you up to the Jameis Winston level of clownery

I take that as a great compliment.  I love sophomoric humor.  I loved "Dumb and Dumber" and movies like that.  Bad puns.  Absolutely tasteless jokes.  You hit the nail on the head, Hands.  You could have at least left a chuckle on my microscope thing.  Are you humor-impaired, or are you actually worried about the size of your genitals?  😱

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Nice work RB...my take 

1. Tom Brady - Most titles, he's my #1
  2. John Elway - Won Super Bowl with great teams, carried not great teams to the Super Bowl
  3. Troy Aikman - Really should have won 4 straight
  4. Aaron Rodgers - maybe he's got 2-3 if they would have played him earlier. I think he rivals Montana and Brady
  5. P Manning - carried to his second Super Bowl but he's all time passing leader
  6. D Brees - wasted time in SD hurts him
  7. K Warner - just absolutely dominant for a short stretch
  8. R Wilson - Play call only thing keeping him from two
  9. B Roethlisberger - always had a complete team around him, but he delivered when they needed him
  10. S Young - If it wasn't for Cowboys turnovers he wouldn't have one but since he's in HOF

1. Russell Wilson - Play call is only thing keeping him from two. Could ultimately end up halfway up on the top tier 
  2. Eli Manning - Beat the GOAT and won 2. Inconsistency knocked him out of elite. 

Average to below:

1. Flacco - The guy fit the mold of these types getting hot at the exact right time. But he's a legit starter unlike some on this list
  2. Johnson - See above. He didn't have to even get hot to win his one. But he had a legit career
  3. Foles - See above. 
  4. Hostetler - See above.   I think Foles pans out as better overall starter, but these are average QBs

Dog Shit:

1. Rypien - shitty QB carried by running game/defense
  2. Dilfer - was so much dog shit they went out and gave Elvis Grbac a huge contract

Whoa .. joe???

Archived