RE-Visiting the Watkins Signing

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

45 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I admit he had a great day, but still not top 5 pay day. Just is what it is, went all in on offense this year. Hope we do the same for a CB or 4 next year.

There’s a legit plan going on here. Lombardi’s here we come!

You all know I don't care about the names on the back or how much players are paid.

I believe Watkins gives the Chiefs something they didn't have last year, a legitimate third receiver. When Kelce went down in the playoffs all Tennessee had to do was key on Hunt and Hill. Now the Chiefs have three legitimate receivers who can score from anywhere and tw RBs who can move the ball. Mahomes is smart enough to spread it out.

It'll be a lot of years before we have any problems finding top receivers.  Everybody and their twin aunt will take less money to be come to KC and be in a pass-oriented offense with Patrick throwing to him.  I was a big fan of Alex Smith, but he couldn't have done any of that shit we saw yesterday if the PIttburgh D had taken the day off to go fishing.

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It'll be a lot of years before we have any problems finding top receivers.  Everybody and their twin aunt will take less money to be come to KC and be in a pass-oriented offense with Patrick throwing to him.  I was a big fan of Alex Smith, but he couldn't have done any of that shit we saw yesterday if the PIttburgh D had taken the day off to go fishing.

KC would be 0-2 with Smith

12 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

You all know I don't care about the names on the back or how much players are paid.

I believe Watkins gives the Chiefs something they didn't have last year, a legitimate third receiver. When Kelce went down in the playoffs all Tennessee had to do was key on Hunt and Hill. Now the Chiefs have three legitimate receivers who can score from anywhere and tw RBs who can move the ball. Mahomes is smart enough to spread it out.

I agree.  It was expensive but having that 4th weapon makes all the difference.   I think the announcers alluded to that yesterday.  You can't stop all 4 guys!

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I agree.  It was expensive but having that 4th weapon makes all the difference.   I think the announcers alluded to that yesterday.  You can't stop all 4 guys!

Still feel its a big mistake. Conley & Robinson and maybe a lesser free agent would get results with this offense. I will root for Watkins for sure. I so love being wrong.

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Still feel its a big mistake. Conley & Robinson and maybe a lesser free agent would get results with this offense. I will root for Watkins for sure. I so love being wrong.

You mean the Conley that coughed up the ball at a crucial time in the game? Or the Robinson who has 1 catch for 3 yds all season long? Yes it was a TD, my point is if you don't like something for one reason or another you can always find fault in it. Again, I don't personally care who plays and who doesn't, nor do I care who gets paid what as long as the Chiefs win I'm OK.

On 8/31/2018 at 10:19 AM, Handswarmer said:

Well I guess you couldn't be bothered to come up with any criteria

Shame

9 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Look at this way, yeah, for this year, it would've been nice to get a DB instead.  But next year when the defense has been re-loaded we'll still have this juggernaut offense to lean on to win games.

What top flight CB would we have gotten, Watkins even as a decoy makes our offense elite but if used that money on someone defense then our defense goes from really really bad to just bad?

Sure I get he is overpaid but right now we are under paying Hill, Hunt and Mahomes so I'll take that while we use the draft to build our defense.  As I've said in other threads, we don't need our defense to be the 85 bears, they just need to get that drive killing sack occasionally and maybe hold a team to FG's instead of TD's on every drive....

27 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

What top flight CB would we have gotten, Watkins even as a decoy makes our offense elite but if used that money on someone defense then our defense goes from really really bad to just bad?

Sure I get he is overpaid but right now we are under paying Hill, Hunt and Mahomes so I'll take that while we use the draft to build our defense.  As I've said in other threads, we don't need our defense to be the 85 bears, they just need to get that drive killing sack occasionally and maybe hold a team to FG's instead of TD's on every drive....

The other Fuller would have been nice. Right now the bigger problem is the mentality but need some talent in the secondary as well.

2 hours ago, dksww said:

Look at this way, yeah, for this year, it would've been nice to get a DB instead.  But next year when the defense has been re-loaded we'll still have this juggernaut offense to lean on to win games.

This is how I see it also.  We have two 2’s in the draft and will undoubtedly be looking for big time help in the secondary. We should literally go DB, S, DB with our 1, 2, and 2, depending on how the board d goes.  

Even though Big Ben threw for a million yards, I think the defense showed improvement this week. We shut them down in the first quarter while we built our lead. We also kept a lid on AB, which is no small feat. We also stymied Pittsburgh's running game, which we have NEVER done before. I thought Scandrick played much better which is also encouraging. Lastly, we made them work a lot harder for their points in the second half. The Conley fumble made the game a lot closer than it really was.

I think Sutton needs to give up his idea that Ragland is a three down LB and put O'Daniel in there. He simply can't cover and their TE's absolutely destroyed us. I also thought Parker came back to reality a little bit. We really need a healthy Berry back there to cover up some of these warts. Pittsburgh (as do the Chargers) have a lot of offensive weapons. I think playing those two teams to start off the year exposes our weaknesses worse than some other teams would have. It could be a blessing in disguise that we are getting lit up like we are now. I'm hoping Sutton starts filtering in the young guns a little bit and see if they can do any better. What harm would it really do?

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

You mean the Conley that coughed up the ball at a crucial time in the game? Or the Robinson who has 1 catch for 3 yds all season long? Yes it was a TD, my point is if you don't like something for one reason or another you can always find fault in it. Again, I don't personally care who plays and who doesn't, nor do I care who gets paid what as long as the Chiefs win I'm OK.

Yes that Conley. Anyone can fumble. They cant may plays on the bench. 

Archived