RE-Visiting the Watkins Signing

1 hour ago, dksww said:

Those QBs will have to do what Tom Brady does and take less money, at least the money that's shown on the books.

Teams could always pull a Pat Bowlen and pay players under the table like he did for Elway and Terrell Davis during their SB runs lol

One thing is for sure and that is a QB on his rookie contract that can actually play is like gold in this league under this CBA.  Just a massive advantage. Just look at the QB CAP hits this year within our own division...

1. Derrick Carr  25,000,000

2. Phillip Rivers  20,000,000

3. Case Keenum   18,000,000

4. Pat Mahomes II   3,200,000

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new CBA eliminated all the big money deals- look what Stafford, Bradford, et al got and never won anything. Crap, even Smith got 49.5 million, six-year contract with 24 mill guaranteed.

Whatever you think of him, only 4 qbs have won a SB in the AFC since 2001- Brady, Manning Rothlisberger and Flacco.

Stafford- 0

Smith- 0

Bradford- 0

Rivers- 0

Even Rodgers has only won 1.....Ryan-0.....Brees-1.....Wilson- 1

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

One thing is for sure and that is a QB on his rookie contract that can actually play is like gold in this league under this CBA.  Just a massive advantage. Just look at the QB CAP hits this year within our own division...

1. Derrick Carr  25,000,000

2. Phillip Rivers  20,000,000

3. Case Keenum   18,000,000

4. Pat Mahomes II   3,200,000

Agree unless you simply throw that savings at a guy like Watkins as your #2 receiver also behind Kelce and Hunt for touches. I very much hope Watkins is FANTASTIC. 

28 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

The new CBA eliminated all the big money deals- look what Stafford, Bradford, et al got and never won anything. Crap, even Smith got 49.5 million, six-year contract with 24 mill guaranteed.

Whatever you think of him, only 4 qbs have won a SB in the AFC since 2001- Brady, Manning Rothlisberger and Flacco.

Stafford- 0

Smith- 0

Bradford- 0

Rivers- 0

Even Rodgers has only won 1.....Ryan-0.....Brees-1.....Wilson- 1

This league is dominated by teams with the elite QBs with the other QBs who simply got hot for three games like Flacco or Foles throwing in the occasional spoiler. Paying an emormous contract for one hot run at the right time is a mistake thats been made before. Ask the Raiders about Larry Brown. 

That said I don't think the Goodell era has given the league many good ideas, but a CBA which at least demands you prove your skills somewhat in the this league before being paid is one of those. As is not giving service time to players holding out. 

23 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Makes no difference when your team has become an irrelevant bottom feeder with the most overpaid QB in football.

Trash talk getting old. How are you going to cope with Jimmy Smiths suspension? 

Irrelevant? Geezus your'e misinformed....Overpaid? Again, misinformed

Secondary with be fine- guy has missed alot of games over the years- however, he eats Antonio Browns lunch every time....dude balls out on AB- look it up..... Humpreys and Carr will start, Tavon Young in the slot, Canady is also good along with Anthony Averett...got a lot of depth....best Safety tandem in the NFL too....pass rush will really help- Suggs is still bringing it and Judon has been outstanding so far....d-line is tough too...pressure on qb helps

18 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

This league is dominated by teams with the elite QBs with the other QBs who simply got hot for three games like Flacco or Foles throwing in the occasional spoiler. Paying an emormous contract for one hot run at the right time is a mistake thats been made before. Ask the Raiders about Larry Brown. 

That said I don't think the Goodell era has given the league many good ideas, but a CBA which at least demands you prove your skills somewhat in the this league before being paid is one of those. As is not giving service time to players holding out. 

Define that for me so I understand your criteria.

23 hours ago, dksww said:

SVP is from Maryland and a Baltimore homer. 

Joe Flacco will forever be known for having the best, out of nowhere, consecutive playoff and Super Bowl performances of all time.  His performances each year since then prove that it was a fluke and will never happen again.

Congrats.

So that disqualifies him? Hmmmm ....the guy is a homer for the Orioles....he grew up a Redskins fan....wasn't even around when the Ravens were born.

I wouldn't bet against him, plus stop reading what the national writers say- they aren't there...Joe's ACL in 2015 and back in injury in 2017 hampered his performance more than anything over the last two years....

Just now, Handswarmer said:

So that disqualifies him? Hmmmm ....the guy is a homer for the Orioles....he grew up a Redskins fan....wasn't even around when the Ravens were born.

I wouldn't bet against him, plus stop reading what the national writers say- they aren't there...Joe's ACL in 2015 and back in injury in 2017 hampered his performance more than anything over the last two years....

That's because the Ravens were the Browns.  He grew up a Redskins fans because Baltimore didn't have a team.  I'm sure he's a fan now that they're there and have won 2 Super Bowls since 2000.

1 hour ago, CHiefSP said:

I know...why don’t you clowns have a spelling contest!

Agreed! Their time would be better spent crying on every thread about every single thing that happens on the Chiefs and pretending everything is the worst thing that ever happened!!!

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Agreed! Their time would be better spent crying on every thread about every single thing that happens on the Chiefs and pretending everything is the worst thing that ever happened!!!

your killn me man roflmao

1 hour ago, xen said:

Can’t be me because I’m on maybe four or five out of twenty on this esteemed internet message board.  

21 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Uh.  In a league with the parity of the NFL you have certainly become irrelevant when you don’t even make the playoffs in 4 out 5 seasons.  And just laughable to suggest Joe Flacco is not massively overpaid for the production snd wins he’s provided his team in this contract.  That contract helped bury your team in irrelevance.  

On 8/31/2018 at 10:46 AM, Handswarmer said:

Secondary with be fine- guy has missed alot of games over the years- however, he eats Antonio Browns lunch every time....dude balls out on AB- look it up..... Humpreys and Carr will start, Tavon Young in the slot, Canady is also good along with Anthony Averett...got a lot of depth....best Safety tandem in the NFL too....pass rush will really help- Suggs is still bringing it and Judon has been outstanding so far....d-line is tough too...pressure on qb helps

The NFL is a "what have you done lately" league.

5 years 40 wins, 40 losses. one playoff season=irrelevant.

5 years, 40-40 74 ints one playoff season=overpaid.

And you call Chiefs fans homers. Pot, meet kettle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 1:48 PM, tges58 said:

The NFL is a "what have you done lately" league.

5 years 40 wins, 40 losses. one playoff season=irrelevant.

5 years, 40-40 74 ints one playoff season=overpaid.

And you call Chiefs fans homers. Pot, meet kettle.

Most likely because the Chiefs haven't done crap in the last 50 years.....

1 playoff win? C'mon, the loss to the Colts was pretty embarrassing....especially with a big lead.

I would rather not make it, increase the draft position and get a good player or trade value than go one and done...

On 9/1/2018 at 9:17 AM, Mloe68 said:

Uh.  In a league with the parity of the NFL you have certainly become irrelevant when you don’t even make the playoffs in 4 out 5 seasons.  And just laughable to suggest Joe Flacco is not massively overpaid for the production snd wins he’s provided his team in this contract.  That contract helped bury your team in irrelevance.  

Shows how little you know about the Salary cap of the Ravens.....

7 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Most likely because the Chiefs haven't done crap in the last 50 years.....

1 playoff win? C'mon, the loss to the Colts was pretty embarrassing....especially with a big lead.

I would rather not make it, increase the draft position and get a good player or trade value than go one and done...

So you would rather sit home in the playoffs and hope to get a draft pick thay works out? Kind of gutless if you ask me. I guess that's what happens when your team is swirling around the basin.

By the way, how are those draft picks you got sitting home the last five years treating you? Think the pidgeons will make the playoffs this year? It's been a while, hasn't it?

24 minutes ago, tges58 said:

So you would rather sit home in the playoffs and hope to get a draft pick thay works out? Kind of gutless if you ask me. I guess that's what happens when your team is swirling around the basin.

By the way, how are those draft picks you got sitting home the last five years treating you? Think the pidgeons will make the playoffs this year? It's been a while, hasn't it?

Yes he would. He has his hands in his pants keeping warm. Thats all he needs. 🤣

Archived